X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

Also very curious how the software stack and battery life are....
    Also typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    of components, varying aligntment, and unfinished switch caps. Or basically,

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    You know I could be happy about this, but they should have delayed this batch a little more. We'd prefer to wait than to receive faulty products.
    Also very curious how the software stack and battery life are....

Leave a comment:

• davykrocket
    replied
    I could have chosen to be in the first batches, but I went with the last since I paid for a finished phone. There was no mention when I backed the phone 2 years ago that they would send out an unfinished product. I assumed there would be delays due to the size of this undertaking, but they should have just delayed another six months.

Leave a comment:

• tweak42
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    You know I could be happy about this, but they should have delayed this batch a little more. We'd prefer to wait than to receive faulty products.
    I wouldn't call their phones faulty, just incomplete and beta quality. It is the hardware equivalent of shipping open source software before it's polished and debugged. Early adopters will take the brunt of the cost finding problems, but the openness and transparency (warts and all) is intended to payback in the long run.

Wither Purism can reap the payback or someone else does if they fail remains to be seen. We all saw the data point on how Canonical's Ubuntu phone went over, live and learn.
    Last edited by tweak42; 24 September 2019, 06:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Purism Starts Shipping The First Librem 5 Smartphones

Purism Starts Shipping The First Librem 5 Smartphones

Phoronix: Purism Starts Shipping The First Librem 5 Smartphones

In squeezing to shipping in Q3, Purism announced today their first batch of Librem 5 Linux smartphones are beginning to ship. In the process, we see the first actual photos of the Librem 5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X