No announcement yet.

PinePhone Remains On Track For Shipping In The Months Ahead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some doubts about the availability of pre-orders. Pinebook Pro can be pre-ordered by everyone now, and I haven't received my code yet, even though I applied for it like 2 minutes after the initial batch for forum users went up. I just want to keep people from having unrealistic expectations, PINE64 has some trouble with handling orders, so it might take a while before you'll be able to even place an order on the device you want.

Comment

I liked what I saw,
      Particularly on SailfishOS, Maemo-Leste,PostMarketOS..

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post
        I have some doubts about the availability of pre-orders. Pinebook Pro can be pre-ordered by everyone now, and I haven't received my code yet, even though I applied for it like 2 minutes after the initial batch for forum users went up. I just want to keep people from having unrealistic expectations, PINE64 has some trouble with handling orders, so it might take a while before you'll be able to even place an order on the device you want.
        Agreed. These guys are still not able to reliably provide their original pinebook products to potential buyers. I'm not so sure adding more products to their range is a good idea.

I am under the assumption that it is not their fault and that the "indie" hardware market is a hard one to crack. Perhaps they are trying to bring in a bit more cashflow by hoping everyone prefers phones to laptops.

What I generally see with this kind of thing is that the first batch goes out OK to the first limited group of buyers but then the second batch seems to be very difficult to fund / manufacture and if you were not in that first group; you may never quite get one.

Comment

Working...
        X