Google Releases Android 10 With "Vulkan Everywhere", Privacy Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Releases Android 10 With "Vulkan Everywhere", Privacy Improvements

Phoronix: Google Releases Android 10 With "Vulkan Everywhere", Privacy Improvements

Google has officially released Android 10 today, what formerly was known as "Android Q" during development...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is this the final version of Android, like Windows 10 and macOS 10.x?

(by the way, should have been Android Queijadinha)

(also you should remove "Privacy" from the title because Google is anything but privacy. True privacy means only you, and nobody else. But to Google it means "you, and Google (technically everyone)".)
    Last edited by tildearrow; 03 September 2019, 01:49 PM.

Comment

While it is great to see av1 support, is it even practical?
      ​​​​​​With no HW decoding available yet, can any phone software decode even 1080p?

Comment

Originally posted by SyXbiT View Post
        While it is great to see av1 support, is it even practical?
        ​​​​​​With no HW decoding available yet, can any phone software decode even 1080p?
        yes, av1 decodes well on existing chips and will get better with more neon optimisations.

Comment

And here I am hoping that I might, maybe, get Android P by the end of the year....

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            Is this the final version of Android, like Windows 10 and macOS 10.x?

(by the way, should have been Android Queijadinha)

(also you should remove "Privacy" from the title because Google is anything but privacy. True privacy means only you, and nobody else. But to Google it means "you, and Google (technically everyone)".)
            The way I understand it, not even AOSP is private, which I think is just terrible. I think it's worthy of a supreme court ruling to order google to let some other organization manage AOSP that Google would then have to use as upstream by court order. They could modify it as they see fit as they do anyway, but at least upstream would be sane.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
              Android Queijadinha
              QUINDIM is WAAAAAY MORE COMMON than queijadinha, also it's easier to speak for non-portuguese speakers:

keen-deen vs kay-dja-dee-gna (gna like gnocci)

Don't know why the other countries insist on that dessert instead of quindim, is like someone choosing lasagna as the most common Italian food instead of pizza/pasta

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                And here I am hoping that I might, maybe, get Android P by the end of the year....
                Get a Nokia phone

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

QUINDIM is WAAAAAY MORE COMMON than queijadinha, also it's easier to speak for non-portuguese speakers:

keen-deen vs kay-dja-dee-gna (gna like gnocci)

Don't know why the other countries insist on that dessert instead of quindim, is like someone choosing lasagna as the most common Italian food instead of pizza/pasta
                  I can see some people pronouncing this (queijadinha) in some very messed up ways, as the letter "j" sounds like a "i" or "r" on some countries. Not to mention the "nh". I was to post a link to the Brazilian pronunciation on the Forvo site, but the woman who did it have thick accent that may confuse non-Portuguese speakers.

Comment

Michael that youtube video is private, so I can't watch it

Comment

Working...
                    X