Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailfish OS 3.1 Released As Jolla's Biggest Update In A Year

Phoronix: Sailfish OS 3.1 Released As Jolla's Biggest Update In A Year

Jolla has released Sailfish OS 3.1 "Seitseminen" as their Linux-based mobile operating system update and their biggest since shipping Sailfish OS 3 back in 2018...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Too bad it's hard to find devices that support this OS...

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
      They should be able to put in on the Librem5.

Comment

Originally posted by pracedru View Post

They should be able to put in on the Librem5.
        eventually, when it ships

Comment

Might depend on where you live. In the UK Amazon has the XA2 in stock. In Austria (where I live) the biggest consumer electronics shops Saturn and MediaMarkt have it in stock as well.

Comment

They are working on having it running on the PinePhone, along with a bunch of other distros. There's a short video of it on a development PinePhone in this tweet: https://twitter.com/adampigg/status/1153381955343474688

Comment

Sony Xperia XA2 is the best option today. Shouldn't be hard to find. Hardware design is very good.

Comment

Installing it on my Xperia X right now. The messages app definitely could use some work and the other updates to the built-in apps looked fairly neat.

Let's see how long it takes before people show up to moan about the OS not being entirely open source even thou it's been explained to them god knows how many times (company owners as co-owners of the codebase and not allowing it).

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                  Installing it on my Xperia X right now. The messages app definitely could use some work and the other updates to the built-in apps looked fairly neat.

Let's see how long it takes before people show up to moan about the OS not being entirely open source even thou it's been explained to them god knows how many times (company owners as co-owners of the codebase and not allowing it).
                  Ohhhh baby, mhhhh, yeah, open source me, open it, open it, yeah baby, open sour....

.....boom goes the dynamite.....

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    Ohhhh baby, mhhhh, yeah, open source me, open it, open it, yeah baby, open sour....
                    my opensource is ready

Comment

Working...
                    X