Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ 20 --
    "...Pinebook is vaporware. They are seemingly just wasting our time."

Wrong...dead wrong. Since you quite obviously choose to not read, and to believe only your self-serving, pre-conceived notions of what is fact, you are wasting YOUR time. Quit blaming others for your inadequacies, and please spare us any more of your pontification.
    You deserve only a Chromebook; get one. And quickly.
    Whether or not it deserves you is another matter altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
      I mean... are there actual problems with Linux support on Razer laptops or are you just complaining that they don't ship Linux laptops and don't have Linux utilities to configure the obnoxious colored lights (like most every other vendor)?
      Those obnoxious lights are the reason I don't own a Razer laptop.

The body looks all nice, businessy and professional with its matte black coating and clean design. And then they had to go ruin everything with the ridiculous rainbow keyboard backlight.

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew View Post

"PineBook Pro Arm Linux Laptop now up for pre-order for $199.99

"...Pinebook Pro laptop specifications:

SoC – Rockchip RK3399 big.LITTLE hexa-core Arm Cortex A72/A53 SoC with Arm Mali T860MP4 GPU; System Memory – 4GB dual-channel LPDDR4 RAM; Storage – 64GB/128GB eMMC 5.0 flash (128GB is a free upgrade for users of Pine64 forum who registered before July 1st, upgradable), microSD card slot, 128Mbit (16MB) SPI flash for bootloader; Display – 14.1″ 1080p (1920×1080) IPS LCD panel; Video Output – Via USB-C up to 4K 60hz; Audio – Headphone jack, microphone, stereo speakers; Connectivity – 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0; USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 3.0 Type-C port with data, power, and video, 1x USB 2.0 port; Camera – 2MP front-facing camera / webcam; User Input – ISO & ANSI keyboard variants, large multi-touch trackpad; Debugging – UART access via audio jack; Expansion – PCIe x4 to M.2 NVMe SSD (optional adapter required); Privacy – On/off switches for camera, microphones, and Bluetooth/WiFi via 10 secondspresses on F1, F2 and F3 keys and controlled by the MCU firmware; Battery – 10,000 mAh LiPo battery; Power Supply – 5V/3A via barrel port or USB-C; Dimensions – 329 x 220 x 12mm – Black magnesium alloy body; Weight – 1.26 kg..."

https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/07...-linux-laptop/

...And, to repeat the hyperlink from the original post (#6)--

https://www.pine64.org/
        So, the price is just as it was announced.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

They could just as easily set the price to $5. They still don't actually sell them. Try to buy one and you'll see what I mean.

Pinebook is vaporware. They are seemingly just wasting our time.
          They build machines to order, and do so in batches. Buying these laptops isn't the smoothest experience, but that doesn't make them vaporware.

Comment

I have a Razerblade Stealth and Razer Core. Driver support is fine, works well enough on Linux. Webcam is pretty crap quality, can't compare it to windows as I've never run Windows on that laptop. Would be interested in some screenshots. The build quality is garbage as others have said. Battery failed within months (swelled and had to replace) Rubber foot fell off laptop. BIOS quality issues with HDMI output on boot. No bios updates after the first 6-12 months on the market. Just amateur hour stuff. Actual laptop is still running well, would consider another one if they sort out those issues. Actual Linux drivers work great, had to use a few hackish things to get the laptop running smooth. There's a weird X11 bug where you have to disable X11's AT Keyboard driver from loading or else it hard crashes, laptop works fine after that. NVMe driver took a few kernel revisions to settle down. I blame NVMe being too new for that.

Comment

@ 20 --
              "...Pinebook is vaporware. They are seemingly just wasting our time."

Wrong...dead wrong. Since you quite obviously choose to not read, and to believe only your self-serving, pre-conceived notions of what is fact, you are wasting YOUR time. Quit blaming others for your inadequacies, and please spare us any more of your pontification.
              You deserve only a Chromebook; get one. And quickly.
              Whether or not it deserves you is another matter altogether.
              I'm repeating this a final time.

The quote button is right here:

Last edited by tildearrow; 26 July 2019, 06:03 PM.

Comment

@ #26 --

"...I'm repeating this a final time..."

You cannot imagine the relief we all feel at learning that this is your last of pretentious, self-important pronunciamentos.

Found some real work to do, have you?

Comment

Guess I'll be missing your posts from now on since quoting that way does NOT yield any sort of email notifications.

Please note that I never said it's "important", although it is slightly annoying to some users to see an important feature of this forum (quote) go unused.

​​​​​​Yes, I do have things to do. I wish you could stop doing that kind of assumptions.

​​​​​​​Here, let me quote coder in a response towards you:

@ https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...computer/page7 @ #62 --
                  "As an aside: I appreciate your use of the quote feature. It makes your replies much easier to read. Not so much in this case, but when you multi-quote things, it's sometimes not so clear what's the message quotation vs. other text you insert.

So, thanks for that."

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    Here, let me quote coder in a response towards you:
                    Thanks for noticing that. Yours was an educational post - as I don't post from a smartphone, I definitely learned something, there.

I obviously share your opinion on quoting, but I think dan's gonna be dan. You can either love him for it, or not. That's the choice we have.

You cannot imagine the relief we all feel at learning that this is your last of pretentious, self-important pronunciamentos.

Found some real work to do, have you?
                    Since I've been sort of dragged into this, I'd say that I agree that tildearrow can sometimes come across as pretentious, but I think he's a good guy.

I think it would suffice to say "gee, I'm glad you care about that, but I clearly don't", rather than attacking his occupational status. As he said it's his final reminder, it seems to me the stakes are pretty low (I realize I'm speaking as something of an authority on low-stakes arguments :-)

Comment

@ 28 --

“Guess I'll be missing your posts from now on since quoting that way does NOT yield any sort of email notifications...”

You, obviously, cannot possibly imagine the upset which your missing my posts will cause everyone.
                      Unlike a great many whose only pathetic goal in life is to amass posts here (simply continue on past your post #28), I not only do not care if you are not informed of my posts, it is one of my sincerest wishes.

”...Please note that I never said it's "important", although it is slightly annoying to some users to see an important feature of this forum (quote) go unused...”

You have a SERIOUS problem with reading comprehension; see the article below**. It’s a good article, but the main message is in the title: “Reading Comprehension is a Big Problem..."
                      I never said that YOU said it was important--it is definitely not.
                      What I did say is that you (and, by extension, people whom you seem to think--wrongly--bolster your position) have a problem with self-importance; a very big difference; an almost insurmountable difference.
                      [Mark Twain-- “The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter—it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.”]
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "Reading comprehension is a big problem in open-source"
                      Updated: February 24, 2016
                      Article discussing the alarming, rising trend in the lack of acceptance of criticism and feedback on technological issues in the Linux community

Comment

Working...
                      X