No announcement yet.

A Look At What's On The Table For Linux 5.3 Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on when rtw88 starts supporting USB connected wifi cards? I've just spent a week trying to get the drivers for rtl8812bu to build before giving up on it, but it would be nice to think the dongle has some future... There was an article about a replacement for the rtlwifi driver making it into 5.2 and only supporting PCI connected cards for now, as well as a mention that USB support would come later. It can't come soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by Syfer View Post
      Any news on when rtw88 starts supporting USB connected wifi cards? I've just spent a week trying to get the drivers for rtl8812bu to build before giving up on it, but it would be nice to think the dongle has some future... There was an article about a replacement for the rtlwifi driver making it into 5.2 and only supporting PCI connected cards for now, as well as a mention that USB support would come later. It can't come soon enough

Comment

All I'm waiting for is Wireguard.

Please can we have it soon...

Comment

Based on https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...i-Linux-Driver, the PCI connected card support made it into 5.2. However, I'm after the USB connected WiFi card support in the mainline kernel.

Comment

Working...
          X