Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenovo Hooks Up With Debian For DebConf 19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lenovo Hooks Up With Debian For DebConf 19

    Phoronix: Lenovo Hooks Up With Debian For DebConf 19

    Not only does this appear to be the first time Lenovo has decided to sponsor Debian's annual conference, but they have done so at the flagship "platinum" sponsorship tier...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...bian-DebConf19

  • #2
    These days I judge a conference by asking myself 'would Lunduke do this conference?'. If the answer is no, it's probably some corporate circle-jerk.

    Comment


    • #3
      And wouldn't it be nice to announce Thinkpads with pre-installed Debian.

      Comment


      • #4
        If Dell sells Ubuntu based computers, shouldn't they also sponsor Debian?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
          If Dell sells Ubuntu based computers, shouldn't they also sponsor Debian?
          If Canonical makes a distro that is 99.99% Debian, shouldn't they also sponsor Debian?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            If Canonical makes a distro that is 99.99% Debian, shouldn't they also sponsor Debian?
            ... 🤣 🤣 🤣 ...

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, there was DebConf first time in Asia last year, so it makes sense.

              Up to the 2015. it was in Europe every second year, then they decided to do first time in Africa and first time in Asia instead and so on...

              I would say, since Windows 10 it operates more globally

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
                These days I judge a conference by asking myself 'would Lunduke do this conference?'. If the answer is no, it's probably some corporate circle-jerk.
                How can you stand that cringey hipster? I can barely think of anyone more smug and constantly sarcastic and full of themselves. But maybe you have a point.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by fuzz View Post

                  How can you stand that cringey hipster? I can barely think of anyone more smug and constantly sarcastic and full of themselves. But maybe you have a point.
                  You probably have a point. Some of his videos can be a bit full of it, the 'I used a Casio calculator from 1982 as my main device for a month' videos I can do without. There is some good stuff every-so-often, the interview with the Redox OS guy, or the BSD one, they're pretty good. I like the conference stuff like 'Linux Sucks'.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    1. Lenovo should stop being jerks, and should start offering refunds for Windows tax (it's almost impossible now, unless you claim your refund through a court).
                    2. They should fix their UEFI mess like this: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPa...e/td-p/4191484
                    instead of answering some nonsense like "this laptop is not supported on Linux".

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X