• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by LinAGKar View Post

Treble is supposed to help there.
    Treble doesn't cover the kernel, where a lot of the update issues still occur.

Leave a comment:

• LinAGKar
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post
    Be pretty cool if ANGLE could support full OpenGL. We could start dropping OpenGL drivers.
    I'm pretty sure most phones don't support full OpenGL anyway.

Leave a comment:

• LinAGKar
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    That sounds neat. Sucks that I won't use it anytime soon.

Now if only they could figure out a way to push system updates to everyone so we don't have to depend on manufacturers and carriers. Android isn't so free and open when you factor in having to buy OS updates every two years due to firmware blobs not being updated and/or the OS not having an if/then compat layer regarding drivers and blobs.
    Treble is supposed to help there.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Now if only they could figure out a way to push system updates to everyone so we don't have to depend on manufacturers and carriers. Android isn't so free and open when you factor in having to buy OS updates every two years due to firmware blobs not being updated and/or the OS not having an if/then compat layer regarding drivers and blobs.
    That's called Fuschia.

It has a stable device driver interface.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Be pretty cool if ANGLE could support full OpenGL. We could start dropping OpenGL drivers.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Android Q's ANGLE Offering OpenGL ES On Top Of Vulkan 1.1

Phoronix: Android Q's ANGLE Offering OpenGL ES On Top Of Vulkan 1.1

With the Google I/O conference happening this week, Android Q Beta 3 was released and it continues furthering along the company's Vulkan adoption...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X