Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.2 Should Resolve Many AMD Ryzen Laptop Touchscreens/Touchpads Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leonardwulf
    replied
    I'm alone here

Leave a comment:

• leonardwulf
    replied
    Hi all, someone used Vega 8 with kernel 5.0 and more? I wanna buy a new notebook and I want to know in advance whether HP ENVY x360 13-ag0002na will work or I need to search for something else
    U wrote above that have problems with Raizen 5 on HP, this applies to all HP or only GPU

Leave a comment:

• Whitebunnyflock
    replied
    Originally posted by fireedo View Post
    using Acer Predator Helios 500 Ryzen 2700 with Vega56 the problem with current kernel 5.2_rc2 still exists, my touchpad still not working and battery/power detection still a mess, I have to unplug and plug again so my cpu clock can running normally not just 500 Mhz
    I am starting to wonder if these issues will ever be fixed. Come to think of it I haven't tried my touchpad as I always use a mouse. Do you have any bug reports open? If so can you let me know where to find it and I will tag along also? Here is my main bug report in case you want to help advance the cause also: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110117

Leave a comment:

• fireedo
    replied
    sorry I mean 5.2_rc1

Leave a comment:

• fireedo
    replied
    using Acer Predator Helios 500 Ryzen 2700 with Vega56 the problem with current kernel 5.2_rc2 still exists, my touchpad still not working and battery/power detection still a mess, I have to unplug and plug again so my cpu clock can running normally not just 500 Mhz

Leave a comment:

• Drizzt321
    replied
    Anyone happen to know if FreeBSD already has this driver?

Leave a comment:

• Marc1n
    replied
    Originally posted by finalzone View Post
    According to the line from the commented commit
    Code:
    03:00.7 MP2 I2C controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 15e6
    it seems suggesting that controller may address that missing functionality of auto-rotation screen
    Code:
    03:00.7 Non-VGA unclassified device [0000]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2/Renoir Sensor Fusion Hub [1022:15e4]
    as found on mobile Raven Ridge laptop like HP Envy x360 Ryzen series.

According to https://github.com/linuxhw/LsPCI , it looks like the auto-rotate screen will finally work.
    I managed to get it working with iio-sensor-proxy and kded-rotation (as KDE doesnt't have support for these sensors).

Leave a comment:

• Marc1n
    replied
    Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
    Touchscreen worked since month with Arch Linux on my HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5 2500), but latest kernel 5.0 is always stuck during modeset on boot and I have to use the lts 4.19 kernels.
    Remove file /lib/firmware/amdgpu/raven_dmcu.bin and rebuild initramfs. Newer kernels try to load updated dmcpu firmware and fail due to very old and buggy firmware in these HP laptops. Sadly bios update won't fix the problem as even the current bios contains that old firmware.

Leave a comment:

• wizard69
    replied
    Originally posted by finalzone View Post

The BIOS update can be installed through pen drive if you can manage to get a Windows system to do so. It is currently the better method until HP officially support LVFS update for the ENVY series.
    Yeah another thing to look into if I ever get time. I've tried using a pen drive to update with the HP utilities but they consistently tell me that the BIOS version is wrong. Frankly I've resorted to many approaches discussed on the net and none of them work for me. As a result I was going to try a Windows recovery to an external disk (the HD has been completely wiped for the Linux install). I really hate Windows so I've been avoiding that route too.

Leave a comment:

• finalzone
    replied
    Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

What version of the BIOS are you on? I have the same issue and somebody suggested a BIOS update to fix the issue. I’ve been stymied trying to update the BIOS and frankly haven’t had the time to resolve the BIOS issue.
    The BIOS update can be installed through pen drive if you can manage to get a Windows system to do so. It is currently the better method until HP officially support LVFS update for the ENVY series.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X