Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pidgin 2.5.3 Arrives With Many Changes

Phoronix: Pidgin 2.5.3 Arrives With Many Changes

Pidgin 2.5.3 was released yesterday afternoon with 58 changes worth mentioning in its change-log. Some of the changes in this instant messaging client update include a massive code clean-up in the MSN support, improvements to MySpace IM, quite a few new patches, IM images for Gadu-Gadu, and many other changes in Pidgin and its related packages (libpurple, Finch, and the protocols). The new regarding the release of Pidgin 2.5.3 can be read here...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm amused by their redesigned webpage. First, it tells you that there is a download available for Ubuntu and then it tells you that no, there is none, go compile the source code.

Nice thinking...

Comment

I've read that Pidgin is dropped from being the default IM in Fedora 11.

Does anyone know why that is?

Comment

Just updated the Kanotix package, but did not see any changes compared to 2.5.2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Just updated the Kanotix package, but did not see any changes compared to 2.5.2.
          I have the same thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
            I've read that Pidgin is dropped from being the default IM in Fedora 11.

Does anyone know why that is?
            Empathy and the Telepathy framework are the 'way of the future'.

Frameworks ftw.

Comment

I remember when gaim-vv disappeared years ago, and video was supposed to be integrated in the main codebase. Looks like someone lost interest.

Comment

Working...
              X