UBports Ubuntu Touch Continues Pursuing Mir/Unity8, Broad Device Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UBports Ubuntu Touch Continues Pursuing Mir/Unity8, Broad Device Support

Phoronix: UBports Ubuntu Touch Continues Pursuing Mir/Unity8, Broad Device Support

Ubuntu Touch OTA-8 was released earlier this month while the UBports community developers continue working to further along this Ubuntu-based mobile Linux OS...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ntu-Touch-QA46

Dekko?

My only complaints are the position of the header bar text and the color scheme (way too bright...).

Comment

I'm using Ubuntu Touch daily on my primary device (a fairphone 2) for two weeks and it works pretty well. Keep up the good work.

Comment

I would try porting it to my device (there is actually pretty nice tutorial), but I depend on my bank's android app :/

Comment

If there was a way (if there is one I can't find it) to add progressive web apps to your home screen this would be a lot more approachable. I do this today quite a bit with some sites on android.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
            If there was a way (if there is one I can't find it) to add progressive web apps to your home screen this would be a lot more approachable. I do this today quite a bit with some sites on android.
            You might be looking for 'Webapp Creator'.
            See: https://open-store.io/app/webapp-creator.jujuyeh

Comment

Imo, they should help with making Unity 8 on desktop work, for half a week.
              Would help a lot with bringing popularity to their ecosystem, and help with convergence.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamikaze View Post

You might be looking for 'Webapp Creator'.
                See: https://open-store.io/app/webapp-creator.jujuyeh
                That's neat and I guess helps a little, but a 1-click button in the browser would be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemerian View Post
                  Imo, they should help with making Unity 8 on desktop work, for half a week.
                  Would help a lot with bringing popularity to their ecosystem, and help with convergence.
                  You are entitled to an opinion, but they are already doing a lot for Unity8 on desktop. They are:
                  • hosting the projects that comprise the Unity8 desktop
                  • providing a PPA with the current build of these projects
                  • documenting installation and build processes
                  • accepting the occasional PR to fix things
                  That shows they appreciate the potential synergy: Any developer who wanted to work on Unity8 desktop would find this extremely useful.

Note that there are few of "them" and most have a job, family and other commitments to balance with the time they donate to UBports.

I too have an opinion: They are best placed to decide where best to spend their time, and are doing so remarkably well!

Comment

Originally posted by AlanGriffiths View Post

You are entitled to an opinion, but they are already doing a lot for Unity8 on desktop. They are:
                    • hosting the projects that comprise the Unity8 desktop
                    • providing a PPA with the current build of these projects
                    • documenting installation and build processes
                    • accepting the occasional PR to fix things
                    That shows they appreciate the potential synergy: Any developer who wanted to work on Unity8 desktop would find this extremely useful.

Note that there are few of "them" and most have a job, family and other commitments to balance with the time they donate to UBports.

I too have an opinion: They are best placed to decide where best to spend their time, and are doing so remarkably well!
                    Ah, ok. I meant no offence with that.

You are way more knowledgeable than me about this stuff, so i believe you are in a better position to comment.

Comment

Working...
                    X