Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New Effort Trying Again To Mainline Linux Kernel Support For The Lemote Yeeloong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c117152 View Post
    There newer Loongson SBCs and SoCs sold in mainline China. Google doesn't return anything useful but Baidu got me to http://www.openloongson.cn

Now if I only knew Chinese...
    There's a laptop on that page running the Loongson 3A3000 MIPS64 CPU (15.5 Watts, 1.2 GHz). Michael did an article describing the 3A3000 last fall: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...000-3A3000-GCC .

Looks like you can buy one for about 8500 RMB (about $1,250 US dollars), and they have 28 on hand. 4GB Ram, AMD R5 340 2G graphics. 14 inch screen, with support for 1366x768 or 1920x1080. An M.2 120GB SSD. Laptop is called "Godson".

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
      Loongson mobos for desktops/servers are readily available on Aliexpress. Dual-socket Loongson 3A quad-core will cost you about 400 USD.
      Thanks for the tip
      A miniITX case, with low power consumption..also I would like to have a mips release5,

Baikal has mips32 release 5, I liked to have a mips64( release 5 at least too..).

For now I think this, is more what I am looking for for mips32,
      Then I hope I would have in my collection a mips64, and also a elbrus1S+( which came with a Vivante GS2500 Graphics card ), but this 2 seems almost ghosts, or if not at prices that I refuse to pay..

Some years Ago(...some 10 years ago.. heheh) I tried to buy a Mainframe with Alpha( I think model EV7z ) processors on it, since they were thinking on decommissioning..
      Yes...crazy huuhh, but I was intimately connected to that mainframe, since I developed there, and I Administrated it, it was like ...a son , or close..
      I don't even have space in my house to house the beast...imagine to power it..

I tried for 10K€, they refused, and I think today probably they had destroyed it...amazing what banksters can do, with so nice technology..

Looking now, to the past I really regret not having it in my collection..
      But if it were there some EV7z with a tinny case, I would also want to have one...and the dream still persists..

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

There's a laptop on that page running the Loongson 3A3000 MIPS64 CPU (15.5 Watts, 1.2 GHz). Michael did an article describing the 3A3000 last fall: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...000-3A3000-GCC .

Looks like you can buy one for about 8500 RMB (about $1,250 US dollars), and they have 28 on hand. 4GB Ram, AMD R5 340 2G graphics. 14 inch screen, with support for 1366x768 or 1920x1080. An M.2 120GB SSD. Laptop is called "Godson".
        yeah I saw that too, but seems that the project stalled due to a binary blob in the graphics card, which seems weird since its a AMD card and RadeonSI and AMDGPU its already there..
        Maybe the necessary kernel bits for it is closed, I don't know, but I also would like to have something like that, at decent prices ofcourse..

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
          Some years Ago(...some 10 years ago.. heheh) I tried to buy a Mainframe with Alpha( I think model EV7z ) processors on it, since they were thinking on decommissioning..
          Yes...crazy huuhh, but I was intimately connected to that mainframe, since I developed there, and I Administrated it, it was like ...a son , or close..
          I don't even have space in my house to house the beast...imagine to power it..

I tried for 10K€, they refused, and I think today probably they had destroyed it...amazing what banksters can do, with so nice technology..
          China to the rescue again? There are Alpha CPUs still made by Sunway (ShenWei), the SW1600. Those cannot be bought as easily on Aliexpress, but surely if you are willing to wire transfer 10k€, someone will sell you one.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
            China to the rescue again? There are Alpha CPUs still made by Sunway (ShenWei), the SW1600. Those cannot be bought as easily on Aliexpress, but surely if you are willing to wire transfer 10k€, someone will sell you one.
            Thanks for the link
            Well,
            It would not be the same system..
            Most important, my mentality changed a lot, has I am older, and a Mainframe in my House using tons of KW, and tons of big space ??
            You know, people see not only the fails it had, but also the benefits of some things in life, later when you are older..

It would be nice to see a EV7z, produced at today's technology..with lower power envelop( here in Europe, electricity costs a lot.. )

Comment

Longsoon also makes a bunch of HPCs, like the KD-50-I and KD-60-I.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
                Thanks for the link
                If you want to get your hands on one, I suggest finding contacts at the places where owners/sellers of these would hang out. such as http://bbs.chinaunix.net/ for example. Don't bother writing in English though.

Comment

Working...
                X