X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuxd3v
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    So we got convergence after all... That went surprisingly fast.
    Well, The heavy lifting have been already done by Canonical, and gnome, Qt, and so..
    But if Portability takes usability away, it could be a bad thing..

It will always be a compromise..

Leave a comment:

• AsciiWolf
    replied
    What about GNOME Control Center? The convergence support just got reverted in 3.31.92 because it was still buggy.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I thought that's what GNOME To Do and GNOME Bijiben are for?
    Bi...ji...what? I've never seen it on a default install?

OK, why is that "New" button at the top left corner? Why does it say "New" instead of being an icon like "+"?

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    Now we need just the phone...

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

So does Eolie, which is a much better Epiphany than Epiphany.

As for cloud storage: Nautilus has Google Drive integration and Polo File Manager has Google Drive, Dropbox and Microsoft OneDrive integration.
    It is not enough that it supported by certain file managers. It needs to be available directly from within the Open and Save dialogs in any application.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

It would also serve as a note-taking application.
    I thought that's what GNOME To Do and GNOME Bijiben are for?

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Epiphany have a responsive UI too that you can use same Epiphany on a desktop and it resizes down to smaller screens.
    I would like to convergence for Gedit or some code text editor so you can code-on-the-go with your phone.

An important thing for convergence is cloud storage such as Google Drive, Dropbox and Microsoft OneDrive.

What convergence would you like to see on Linux?
    So does Eolie, which is a much better Epiphany than Epiphany.

As for cloud storage: Nautilus has Google Drive integration and Polo File Manager has Google Drive, Dropbox and Microsoft OneDrive integration.

Leave a comment:

• wswartzendruber
    replied
    Originally posted by bregma View Post
    I dunno. Been there, done that, now working in an industry with a future. Turns out pretty much nobody wants convergence between desktop/laptop, phone, TV, and in-dash infotainment. What they really want is a faster horse.
    Have these people tried any form of convergence?

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    Distrowatch says Pine64 is cooking up a $149 PinePhone running UBPorts (community version of Ubuntu Touch) for later this year:
    People wanting to test out GNU/Linux-based phone solutions at a lower price point may want to examine the PinePhone. The PinePhone is expected to run UBports (possibly with other operating system options) and should retail for $149. Both devices are expected to be available sometime in 2019.
    I'm pretty sure that UBPorts claims to achieve some degree of convergence. Pine64 actually gets products out the door to my understanding. Could be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• bregma
    replied
    I dunno. Been there, done that, now working in an industry with a future. Turns out pretty much nobody wants convergence between desktop/laptop, phone, TV, and in-dash infotainment. What they really want is a faster horse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X