Purism's PureOS Proclaims Convergence Success For Mobile & Desktop Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

It would also serve as a note-taking application.
    I thought that's what GNOME To Do and GNOME Bijiben are for?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

So does Eolie, which is a much better Epiphany than Epiphany.

As for cloud storage: Nautilus has Google Drive integration and Polo File Manager has Google Drive, Dropbox and Microsoft OneDrive integration.
      It is not enough that it supported by certain file managers. It needs to be available directly from within the Open and Save dialogs in any application.

Comment

Now we need just the phone...

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I thought that's what GNOME To Do and GNOME Bijiben are for?
          Bi...ji...what? I've never seen it on a default install?

OK, why is that "New" button at the top left corner? Why does it say "New" instead of being an icon like "+"?

Comment

What about GNOME Control Center? The convergence support just got reverted in 3.31.92 because it was still buggy.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
              So we got convergence after all... That went surprisingly fast.
              Well, The heavy lifting have been already done by Canonical, and gnome, Qt, and so..
              But if Portability takes usability away, it could be a bad thing..

It will always be a compromise..

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
                But if Portability takes usability away, it could be a bad thing..

It will always be a compromise..
                Exactly what came to my mind. I don't use a desktop or a laptop and even less a phone in the same way. They don't have the same input mechanisms which means different UI are required to get the best out of the app.

And reading such things:
                We are excited to provide convergence well before any of the other mobile OS vendors. Let’s see how long it takes for them to catch-up.
                just make my "marketing BS" alarm ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
                  Now we need just the phone...
                  And preferably one that is accessible instead of an overpriced one because of "privacy".

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post

And preferably one that is accessible instead of an overpriced one because of "privacy".
                    I might be willing to pay extra for the phone, even with the crappy specs, but without being able to see what is available in the store that they "announced" back in January, I wouldn't really know what I was buying into.
                    Even Mozilla and Microsoft couldn't build enough apps for their devices to convince people to buy their phones, so I'm a little skeptical.
                    Last edited by NateHubbard; 06 March 2019, 10:01 PM. Reason: Noticed I used the same word like 4 times

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

It is not enough that it supported by certain file managers. It needs to be available directly from within the Open and Save dialogs in any application.
                      That's how GVFS works already. One of the few reasons I've kept Nautilus around even after I switched back to KDE.

Comment

Working...
                      X