Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell XPS 13 9380 Developer Edition Now Available, Shipping With Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One day Dell will surely up their engineering and build quality to the point they're viable but I don't think this is it... for now the options are Thinkpad X1 Carbon or MBP.

Comment

Hmm, one of the USB ports is gimped.

Comment

Originally posted by StefanBruens View Post

Then just buy one of the 16 GByte configurations ... 8 GB is only the entry configuration.
        Only the entry config is 4GB and 8GB is the max spec...

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post

Only the entry config is 4GB and 8GB is the max spec...

Comment

Originally posted by lectrode View Post
            Related: Barton George was recently in a Forbes article, in which he expressed his desire to expand the target audience to more than just developers, also stating "It doesn't necessarily have a consumer-friendly name, yet it's an ideal device for non-developers who want a rock solid, reliable (and yea, pretty sexy) laptop without the bloat and instability of Windows 10."

That'd be pretty sweet if the Sputnik team can pull that off.
            Pulling it off requires just changing the name and/or not having a separate linux model and just providing the configuration option to choose which OS you want, perhaps making it clear somehow that an ubuntu option is available so that people don't miss it by not clicking the dropdown box at the configuration page.

Comment

I have a 9370 (the older model) with i7-8550U, 16 GB RAM and the FHD screen. It's a pretty good device. The 9380 seems to be just a facelift without any major changes, so I'm definitely not upgrading.

Comment

Still 16:9 screen and camera at the bottom? No thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X