Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sailfish OS "Sipoonkorpi" Brings Firewall Improvements, Redesigned Image Editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailfish OS "Sipoonkorpi" Brings Firewall Improvements, Redesigned Image Editing

Phoronix: Sailfish OS "Sipoonkorpi" Brings Firewall Improvements, Redesigned Image Editing

The Finnish developers persevering with the Sailfish OS Linux-based mobile operating system have announced their new "Sipoonkorpi" operating system feature release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does it finally have app sandboxing?

Comment

But still no trace of the upgrade to the Android layer...

Originally posted by AsciiWolf View Post
      Does it finally have app sandboxing?
      Not yet. The first security point they tackled in this release is a built-in firewall.

Comment

Why do you quote your own tweet that is pointing to this news in the actual news?

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post
          Why do you quote your own tweet that is pointing to this news in the actual news?
          The survey.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DrYak View Post
            But still no trace of the upgrade to the Android layer...
            Umm... The post specifically talks about this coming to the Xperia XA2 at the end of January and they've stated before that they'll make a decision on bringing that significant re-work of the whole thing after it's been released for the XA2.

Comment

I will be interested when this whole thing gets completely open sourced. Before that, there's no point in using this over Android IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by VanCoding View Post
                I will be interested when this whole thing gets completely open sourced. Before that, there's no point in using this over Android IMO.
                There is a chance greater than zero that the number of supported devices would increase if it was open with a healthy community. I don't really want the OS dictate me which phone I get ... and even then things don't work.

Comment

The crazy/evil license guarantees that I will never use Sailfish. It doesn't matter to me that it would never hold up in any court. It's not their business what books I read or what movies I watch or who I talk to and what I talk to them about. It's a license violation to display "inappropriate" information? If so, then in my opinion, simply displaying the license, will be a violation of that very license. That's not a good sign.

Comment

I brought some 2 years ago, a xperia for saliffish OS,
                    But it doesn't yet support my phone, with FM Radio, and I am still on this android sh*t..
                    Probably it will never will, and I will never get the chance to test it.. pity situation..

The worst part...I lost my bb10

Comment

Working...
                    X