Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purism Is Hoping GNOME 3.32 Will Be In Great Shape For Their Librem 5 Smartphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purism Is Hoping GNOME 3.32 Will Be In Great Shape For Their Librem 5 Smartphone

Phoronix: Purism Is Hoping GNOME 3.32 Will Be In Great Shape For Their Librem 5 Smartphone

With the Librem 5 GNU/Linux smartphone not shipping now until at least April 2019, this will give them time to adopt GNOME 3.32 and they are hoping more GNOME applications will prepare for convergence...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if the Librem 5's USB-C port will be able to drive more than one monitor...

Comment

Sweeeeet Hope they get some traction ...

Comment

Gnome is essentially a tablet GUI anyway - shouldn't be too hard.

Comment

It’s funny how the ideas from Unity are creeping in here finally. I wish Canonical hadn’t killed those plans, given their great sense of design, but hopefully they are realized one day soon. I really don’t want to use iOS or Android, and the alternatives aren’t appealing.

Comment

Good! My Android is quickly loosing structural integrity, hopefully my Librem5 will arrive jit to justify a phone upgrade to my GF 🙂🙃

Anyway, I still struggle to understand why Gnome 3 almost killed the desktop paradigm under the altar of a unified UI for desktop and mobile, and yet it needs a complete rework + a new library to be usable on mobile...

Comment

Is somebody able to post a link where I can preorder that phone? I am not able to find it on the purism website.

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
                Is somebody able to post a link where I can preorder that phone? I am not able to find it on the purism website.
                The site is puri.sm and here's the pre-order page: https://puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

Scroll down and you will on your right side see options for buying the Librem 5

Comment

Optimism bias much?

Comment

It's nice that Purism has chosen the most high-quality DE available to make the best phone possible.

Keep doing a great work, guys!

I would buy Librem5, but USD to BRL is at 3.78 (as of 12/10/18), so it would be very expensive to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X