Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purism Announces The "Librem Key"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Purism Announces The "Librem Key"

    Phoronix: Purism Announces The "Librem Key"

    Remember back in May when Purism partnered up with May as they wanted to work on a USB-based PGP SmartCard? They have now announced the Librem Key as a result of that work...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ism-Librem-Key

  • #2
    Wrong word dude

    Remember back in May when Purism partnered up with May

    Comment


    • #3
      Nitrokey? Are they those guys?

      https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/NitroKey

      Comment


      • #4
        From the announcement can't tell if it has U2F support.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          Nitrokey? Are they those guys?

          https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/NitroKey
          It seems to be the same company as the links point to nitrokeys webpage.
          https://www.nitrokey.com/
          And their nitrokey looks the same.

          Comment


          • #6
            This is rather expensive.
            Also google is releasing a token with U2F support and like Webauthn, I think.

            But I already have something I carry always on me, it my smartphone. I would rather use that, seems much easier.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              But I already have something I carry always on me, it my smartphone. I would rather use that, seems much easier.
              i think subj is meant to be always bound to you by keychain, so you can't lose it

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                i think subj is meant to be always bound to you by keychain, so you can't lose it
                I trying to get rid of my key chain and things such as keys and key chains.
                Less is more.
                On my key chain I only got 1 key.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  But I already have something I carry always on me, it my smartphone. I would rather use that, seems much easier.
                  Android isn't anywhere near as safe as a dedicated microcontroller-based dedicated device.

                  This USB device is more like a portable TPM for really secure stuff.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
                    It seems to be the same company as the links point to nitrokeys webpage.
                    https://www.nitrokey.com/
                    And their nitrokey looks the same.
                    Yeah, it seems to be a re-branded NitroKey Pro 2 https://shop.nitrokey.com/shop/product/nitrokey-pro-2-3
                    Note the following sentences

                    Both hardware and software are open-source and free software. All development tools are available as open source and for free.
                    Allows to verify the integrity of certain Purism computer.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X