Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UBports' Ubuntu Touch OTA-4 Released With Ubuntu 16.04 Base

Phoronix: UBports' Ubuntu Touch OTA-4 Released With Ubuntu 16.04 Base

For those still having the desire to run Ubuntu on mobile devices, the UBports community today shipped their Ubuntu Touch OTA-4 release that migrates their base system from Ubuntu 15.04 to 16.04...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tu-Touch-OTA-4

Well done to the Ubports crew and community! Moving to 16.04 is a great achievement.

I would recommend anyone interested in the future of Linux on phones to get involved. It's a very welcoming, and well run community and there's a role for everyone be it porting, developing apps or the system software, bug testing, writing documentation etc.

Here's to the great work ahead!

Comment

Would dream of some significant monetary help being poured into andbox to help the "but my missing app" problem that full blown GNU/Linux phone suites have.
      AndBox would really be helpful for UBPort, Jolla Sailfish (currently stuck to compatible with older 4.4 Kikat through myriad's alien-dalvik), etc.

Comment

Just tried this on my Nexus 4 (mako) device. It's a cool project, but far from useable as a main device (downloaded the webbrowser next as suggested but even that was a dissapointing experience).

I really do hope they succeed in the long run though as I'd love to run ubuntu on my main phone.

Comment

Just tried this out on my Nexus 4 (mako). It's a cool project but not usable as a main device. Hope they succeed in the long term though.

Comment

Working...
          X