Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Tablet Touchscreen Support & ThinkPad Calculator Key Support Come To Linux 4.19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Tablet Touchscreen Support & ThinkPad Calculator Key Support Come To Linux 4.19

Phoronix: More Tablet Touchscreen Support & ThinkPad Calculator Key Support Come To Linux 4.19

The x86 platform driver work was merged today for the Linux 4.19 kernel merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Most unbranded keyboads with a calculator key automatically bring up gnome-calculator or kcalc when pressed. Same for almost all of Logitech's keyboards. With no configuration or key binding needed.

What's so special about a Thinkpad's keyboard that it cannot do so out of the box in a Linux distribution?

Comment

And still no touchscreen support for a HP envy x360 :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
        Most unbranded keyboads with a calculator key automatically bring up gnome-calculator or kcalc when pressed. Same for almost all of Logitech's keyboards. With no configuration or key binding needed.

What's so special about a Thinkpad's keyboard that it cannot do so out of the box in a Linux distribution?
        They're PS/2-based, which I think had no standardized calculator key scancode when IBM added the key (and may still not?), and they already have custom drivers for the ThinkBlue button and a couple others, so I guess they never saw fit to change anything.
        Last edited by microcode; 23 August 2018, 03:18 AM.

Comment

@R41N3R First i also thinking about... i was testing a self build kernel... https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=198715 and it worked for me also... but now back on mainline Kernels from opensuse Tumbleweed and everything except touchscreen works.

Comment

Ground0 does suspend work for you? I am on arch linux and this is the one thing that bugs me on this damn machine...

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
              What ThinkPad even has a calculator button? 'Cause mine doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

What ThinkPad even has a calculator button? 'Cause mine doesn't.
                Probably some from the IBM era of ThinkPads. My educated guess.

Comment

Working...
                X