Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Tablet Touchscreen Support & ThinkPad Calculator Key Support Come To Linux 4.19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Tablet Touchscreen Support & ThinkPad Calculator Key Support Come To Linux 4.19

Phoronix: More Tablet Touchscreen Support & ThinkPad Calculator Key Support Come To Linux 4.19

The x86 platform driver work was merged today for the Linux 4.19 kernel merge window...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...rm-Drivers-x86

Most unbranded keyboads with a calculator key automatically bring up gnome-calculator or kcalc when pressed. Same for almost all of Logitech's keyboards. With no configuration or key binding needed.

What's so special about a Thinkpad's keyboard that it cannot do so out of the box in a Linux distribution?

Comment

And still no touchscreen support for a HP envy x360 :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
        Most unbranded keyboads with a calculator key automatically bring up gnome-calculator or kcalc when pressed. Same for almost all of Logitech's keyboards. With no configuration or key binding needed.

What's so special about a Thinkpad's keyboard that it cannot do so out of the box in a Linux distribution?
        They're PS/2-based, which I think had no standardized calculator key scancode when IBM added the key (and may still not?), and they already have custom drivers for the ThinkBlue button and a couple others, so I guess they never saw fit to change anything.
        Last edited by microcode; 08-23-2018, 03:18 AM.

Comment

@R41N3R First i also thinking about... i was testing a self build kernel... https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=198715 and it worked for me also... but now back on mainline Kernels from opensuse Tumbleweed and everything except touchscreen works.

Comment

Ground0 does suspend work for you? I am on arch linux and this is the one thing that bugs me on this damn machine...

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
              What ThinkPad even has a calculator button? 'Cause mine doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

What ThinkPad even has a calculator button? 'Cause mine doesn't.
                Probably some from the IBM era of ThinkPads. My educated guess.

Comment

Working...
                X