Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Problematic Laptops On Linux Will Soon Stop Making Loud Noises When You Reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Problematic Laptops On Linux Will Soon Stop Making Loud Noises When You Reboot

Phoronix: Some Problematic Laptops On Linux Will Soon Stop Making Loud Noises When You Reboot

Shortly after writing about the Sound Blaster Recon3D finally getting Linux support yesterday, a Phoronix reader pointed out another frustrating Linux sound problem with a resolution on its way to the mainline Linux kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wait, there's a laptop called "Spectre"? Isn't that like one of the worst brand names you could possibly use at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by PluMGMK View Post
      Wait, there's a laptop called "Spectre"? Isn't that like one of the worst brand names you could possibly use at the moment?
      HP had introduced the brand prior to the Spectre vulnerabilities coming to light.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The whole things sounds a little quirky. Wouldn't be the first time Linux development uncovers some hardware issues.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Alienware 15 R3 also has this issue, but it happends on Windows 10 too. I'm very dissapointed by Alienware

Comment

Whenever I read about Conexant, I think about awful modems.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
              Whenever I read about Conexant, I think about awful modems.
              Come to think of it, those made pretty horrible sounds too....

Comment

[...], its the CX8200 audio codec they've deemed to be faulty.
                it's

Some more characters, because otherwise I can't reply.

Comment

Working...
                X