Google Officially Launches Android 9 "Pie" With Adaptive Battery, Slices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Officially Launches Android 9 "Pie" With Adaptive Battery, Slices

Phoronix: Google Officially Launches Android 9 "Pie" With Adaptive Battery, Slices

Google has formally unveiled "Android P" today as Android 9.0 "Pie" in continuing the trend of Android codenames being named after tasty desserts...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A bit disappointing that there is no AV1 support, but that may have stabilized too late. At least there is Vulkan 1.1.

Comment

I'm surprised they stole that many iPhone X (ahem WebOS) features. Usually they try to differentiate Android some more from iOS.

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov View Post
        I'm surprised they stole that many iPhone X (ahem WebOS) features. Usually they try to differentiate Android some more from iOS.
        Actually, the former webOS lead designer (who also designed this multitasking view, both for webOS as well as for Android now) works for Google, so the only one stealing is Apple.

Comment

imho, Pie is a step backwards from Oreo for some basic common actions. I'd actually settle for Oreo + the battery % on the lock screen. (Pixel 2 non-XL)

Comment

I have to try but my first impression of the new navigation system is that I hated it, is there any config option to keep it the way it is on Oreo?

Comment

Working...
            X