Dell XPS 13 Kabylake Makes For A Great Linux Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
    Doesn't have a middle mouse button. Try the Latitude 7490 instead!
    How about 3-finger tap or simultaneous click of left and right buttons?

FWIW I didn't even know there exist laptops with a middle button.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
      How about 3-finger tap or simultaneous click of left and right buttons?

FWIW I didn't even know there exist laptops with a middle button.
      Many of the Dell latitudes have them, I've actually got FIVE mouse buttons (two closer to me which are left and right) and two above the touchpad (left, middle and right), and as well as a trackpad it's got a pointer "nipple".

How do people do instant copy/paste without a middle mouse button? Must be very tedious to have to right mouse/copy, right mouse/paste. And how about opening link in new tab???
      I guess if you're used to a Mac and a one button mouse, two buttons is a huge step forwards. Come to the elite group of three-button users!!! :-)

Comment

How do people do instant copy/paste without a middle mouse button? Must be very tedious to have to right mouse/copy, right mouse/paste. And how about opening link in new tab???
        On a laptop when I don't have an external mouse I use the keyboard. Control-C and Control-V. And open in new tab is Control-Click on most browsers.

Comment

As I said, I'm using either 3-finger tap to make a middle-mouse-button event, or simultaneous clicking left and right buttons (i.e. because I have a crappy touchpad, where 3-finger taps doesn't always work).

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
            crappy touchpad, where 3-finger taps doesn't always work)[/i].
            first world problems ;-)

I didn't even know there was a three finger tap.

/me checks

{smug mode}doesn't work for me. don't care {/smug}

Comment

Working...
            X