Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Closer Look At The Linux Laptop Power Use Between Ubuntu, Fedora, Clear & Antergos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dispat0r View Post
    Canonical should look at the Clear Linux patches for the kernel, gcc and glibc. Clearly they could improve the performance quiet a bit.
    Then it wouldn't work on older hardware anymore. They could just also themselves up their minimums.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

Then it wouldn't work on older hardware anymore. They could just also themselves up their minimums.
      Nonsense. Solus also uses those patches and it works fine on older hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Nonsense. Solus also uses those patches and it works fine on older hardware.
        Maybe some of the patches, but without optimizing in general for new minimum arch, you wont get the full Clear Linux performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Unlikely anything in the near-medium term as I don't have any AMD laptop currently and no indication that is going to change anytime soon.
          Perfectly understandable, I'm looking forward upgrading my laptop to some pro-level Raven Bridge this year, but so far none of those hit the market, at least here. There's the HP EliteBook 755 G5 and another Lenovo model coming if I'm not wrong.

Comment

It would be very interesting to see 16.04 as well

Comment

Working...
            X