Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kenjitamura
    replied
    Hopefully the cost for these linux systems are equal to, or less than, Windows OEM builds of comparable specs; they probably won't carve out much market share for themselves if they aren't. I mean, I guess if they had a massive advertising budget and could control the minds of the admittedly many impressionable consumers in the US it'd still be possible.
    Last edited by kenjitamura; 17 July 2018, 10:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GunpowaderGuy
    replied
    Do they have plan to sell risc v or arm products ?

Leave a comment:

• some_canuck
    replied
    Still waiting for a non-pop firmware updater

Leave a comment:

• Templar82
    replied
    Great news for Linux and good to see things being manufactured in the USA.

Leave a comment:

• kpedersen
    replied
    Agreed, I will certainly be thinking about them for my next laptop. Lenovo is getting a little bit disappointing these days.

Leave a comment:

• TheOne
    replied
    This is actually great news, I hope this company keeps growing and positioning Linux on the market!

Leave a comment:

• System76 Moves Ahead With Preparing To Manufacture Their Own Desktop Linux PCs

Phoronix: System76 Moves Ahead With Preparing To Manufacture Their Own Desktop Linux PCs

Back in April 2017 was the announcement that System76 would begin designing and manufacturing their own systems beginning with desktops and to be followed at a later date by their own laptops, rather than relying upon whitebox designs that they currently retail with their Ubuntu/Pop!_OS-loaded PCs. The Colorado-based company is inching closer to fully realizing their goal...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X