No announcement yet.

UBports' Ubuntu Touch OTA-4 RC Released, Upgrades To Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new laptop arrived today, but the hardware is from late 2017 and this laptop was first released in February 2018, so it's really ancient by now as technology progresses every month.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
      Since when does support have anything to do with antiquity? As if lacking security updates makes it more ancient, just more unsafe.

But before a given patch, any OS lacks the respective security patch, whether you are aware of it or not. Does that mean all OS in existence are ancient? (all of them have security bugs in one way or another, that will be patched in the future or not)

Really, it's nothing more than a fashionsta's word usage.
      Michael wrote "antiquated", which means "obsolete". You can't really say that 15.04 still isn't obsolete by now. So learn to read and understand texts before you complain again...

Comment

Except antiquated does not mean obsolete, and neither "unsupported" or "out of support" or "end of life".

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
          Except antiquated does not mean obsolete, and neither "unsupported" or "out of support" or "end of life".
          I'll repeat:

Originally posted by GizmoChicken View Post
          The word "antiquated" (as used in the referenced sentence) means obsolete. And yes, I'd say that Ubuntu 15.04, which hasn't been supported for more than two years, is obsolete.
          Follow the links and read the definitions.

Comment

Sorry, I missed your post before, notifications messed it up. I wasn't aware of that definition, to me it sounds dumb as hell, but I have to give it to you that you're right, so my opinion on the word doesn't matter heh.

Comment

Congratulations to the UBPorts team! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
              X