Purism Hires GNOME Developer For Librem 5 UI/UX Designer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
    It will launch with Plasma Mobile but they also said that they won't contribute anything to KDE specifically
    That's a pretty cuntish behavior. I hope this decision bite them in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I disagree. What I've seen so far of Plasma Mobile is bad: too much wasted space in the main UI (home screen, etc.) and Kirigami makes menus hard to navigate (I do love side panel menus on my BB Passport with BB10, but unlike BB10 Kirigami nests the submenus in the menus and that's bad IMHO). And do note that I do use KDE on my laptop, so this is not coming from a GNOME fanboy.
      Focused means reworking the UI. That's the point. The foundation of KDE are light years ahead of Gnome ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
        A mouse? But isn't the main complaint of many people that GNOME has been designed for mobile/tablet usage?
        That's the joke. Designing the UI for an input method that makes no sense for the device.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
          You forgot about jews! They're always screaming the most. Everyone is anti-semitic and wants to kill them without reason.
          Those aren't "jews", those are SJWs (social justice warriors) that are either jew themselves or happen to use that instead of sexual orientation or some other bullshit reason to shame/guilt others to do their bidding.

Comment

I wish they succeed, but I can't help but be skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
              I wish they succeed, but I can't help but be skeptical.
              At some point their crowdfunding money will probably dry out. We'll see how far they'll have come until then. I have a hard time believing that small modifications to make Gnome apps responsive is enough for a proper mobile GUI.

Comment

Hehe. I like that this enrages the trolls. They'll still be shaking their fists in the air claiming the stack is a bad idea, even when the project has succeeded.

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
                  Hehe. I like that this enrages the trolls. They'll still be shaking their fists in the air claiming the stack is a bad idea, even when the project has succeeded.
                  'Even if'. The answer is already known which is sad.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post
                    That's a pretty cuntish behavior. I hope this decision bite them in the ass.
                    Why is it cuntish? They obviously don't have enough resources to prioritize both but they still want to support both. Someone is finally making a phone with good upstream Linux support which would be a great fit to be a reference phone for both the mobile Gnome and KDE desktops and you are complaining that they are not doing enough?

You are the cunt here, they are trying to do their best and just because you are not happy with their prefered primary desktop you wish them to fail just because they don't agree with you.

IMO even if KDE Mobile might be the best choice as of now, a Linux phone just wouldn't be the same if you didn't have the biggest desktops Gnome and KDE to choose from.

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                    At some point their crowdfunding money will probably dry out. We'll see how far they'll have come until then. I have a hard time believing that small modifications to make Gnome apps responsive is enough for a proper mobile GUI.
                    My guess is that it will be released but that the initial experience will be pretty bad. If they keep up the development a year or two after the release of the phone it might become a good alternative if you can live without the major apps on android/iOS.

Comment

Makes no sense. Gnome developers have no experience with actual tablets. Yeah Gnome 3 may look like a tablet OS (because it certainly doesn't look like a workstation desktop) but since Linux is yet to be running on standard tablets, they have never actually tested Gnome 3 as a tablet interface.

Plus the culture for Linux UI developers is to drag in dependencies left right and center bloating the whole thing up. This is not going to go well.

Comment

Working...
                      X