Purism Hires GNOME Developer For Librem 5 UI/UX Designer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? GTK?
    There is QML any they didn't even look at it. Gosh!

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
      Gnome developer as UI/UX designer? Now you'll have to use a mouse with your smartphone. They're doing everything opposite.
      A mouse? But isn't the main complaint of many people that GNOME has been designed for mobile/tablet usage?
      Last edited by Vistaus; 16 April 2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by davibu View Post
        I have to disagree with you guys.
        I use Gnome on my 2in1 on daily basis and all Gnome-apps works flawlessly with touch. The onscreenkeyboard is buggy and Firefox still has no default touchscreen support, but everything else works fine.
        FYI running Ubuntu 17.10 with Gnome, maybe the onscreenkeyboard runs better on newer versions of Gnome, time will tell.
        You can use OnBoard, which is much more customizable and the input is also waaaaay better.
        For tips & tricks on how to customize it for tablet/2-in-1 usage, see my guide: https://github.com/Vistaus/surface3-...linux/issues/5
        (as you can see, I wrote it in 2014 but it's still applicable to this day)
        And for even more integration, you can use this extension: https://extensions.gnome.org/extensi...d-integration/
        Last edited by Vistaus; 16 April 2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          They should have focused on Plasma Mobile.
          I disagree. What I've seen so far of Plasma Mobile is bad: too much wasted space in the main UI (home screen, etc.) and Kirigami makes menus hard to navigate (I do love side panel menus on my BB Passport with BB10, but unlike BB10 Kirigami nests the submenus in the menus and that's bad IMHO). And do note that I do use KDE on my laptop, so this is not coming from a GNOME fanboy.

Comment

Vistaus do you think Purism could integrate OnBoard in Librem 5? Purism could choose the default theme that would work well with GNOME Shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
              Has Purism has just commited suicide?
              Maybe they even killed the last hope for such a platform.

Originally posted by marty1885 View Post
              Really? GTK?
              There is QML any they didn't even look at it. Gosh!
              They looked at it, they just prefer to fragment what is a tiny niche anyway. It will launch with Plasma Mobile but they also said that they won't contribute anything to KDE specifically (device documentation will be free for all). It will be replaced with their wlroots/GTK bastard at some point because they are Gnome fanboys who have no problems sacrificing a fully FOSS platform for their misguided ideals that that platform must be GTK/Gnome first.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                Gnome developer as UI/UX designer? Now you'll have to use a mouse with your smartphone. They're doing everything opposite.
                I know you're joking but Gnome devs are quite literally doing the opposite.

Current problems User cannot do actions in the list view that require no selection, given that actions are only...

Now the guys who want to complain can complain either way. Or hell, maybe they want to ostracize gnome and get creative and say Gnome came to their house and ate all the food in the fridge.

In either case, the funny thing is that the community really encourages the devs to be more reclusive -- with all the bad feedback I would also shut my browser and go back to coding features according to my and my coleagues opinions if I had to hear the constant whining of the internet about how I choose to invest my hard work and time.

There are plenty of people who love gnome but they are the quiet ones and shut the hell up.

Imagine if the world listened to the loudest members of particular groups -- Muslims, Christians, Evangelicals, etc... The normies are nice people, but the loud ones have one thing in common - they are annoying, egotistical, extreemist crazy people whose mouth is bigger than their brains and their ability to be balanced.
                Last edited by ElectricPrism; 16 April 2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

[ delete ]
                  Last edited by ElectricPrism; 16 April 2018, 01:03 PM. Reason: FUCK THE SPAMFILTER HAVING FALSE POSITIVES

Comment

[ delete ]

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
                      Imagine if the world listened to the loudest members of particular groups -- Muslims, Christians, Evangelicals, etc... The normies are nice people, but the loud ones have one thing in common - they are annoying, egotistical, extreemist crazy people whose mouth is bigger than their brains and their ability to be balanced.
                      You forgot about jews! They're always screaming the most. Everyone is anti-semitic and wants to kill them without reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X