Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure applaud when Intel invests time in Linux improvements, but:
    * The Intel CPU containing machines I own already suspend/resume just fine
    * Wether suspending/resuming takes 0.5 seconds or 2 seconds never bothered me - it's currently 2 seconds and that is just fine, too
    * The only trouble I have with suspending/resuming is with amdgpu (dc=1), that is probably nothing Intel will fix, and it wasn't broken before October 2017

Comment

It boggles me that after all this time, power usage/management is still way behind on linux compared to Win/Mac.
      I hope Intel does more.

Comment

I've got a clevo that doesn't wake up from suspend. Dead as a doornail, needing to be powered off and on again. I went so far that I compiled a kernel without suspend/resume support since it also suspended when someone unplugged it.

Comment

Using Ubuntu's mainline kernel 4.17-rc1, I get all kinds of visual bugs when resuming from suspend on my Kaby Lake laptop. I get a black screen that will show the contents on input but then immediately go black again. E.g., if I shake my mouse around really quickly you get a flickering screen. If I stop moving the mouse, it's black. I'll have to report this if it's not fixed in a couple of RCs.

Comment

Working...
          X