Android P Previews Better Message Notifications, HDR VP9, Multi-Camera API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
    Will there be any USB-C adapters that will have AI capabilities? I'm planning in getting a Gemini PDA as it has two USB-C ports.
    Bringing the keyboard personal digital assistant into the 21st century. Type and create on the move! | Check out 'Gemini PDA Android & Linux keyboard mobile device' on Indiegogo.

I thought I was going for Purism Librem 5, but the Gemini PDA has a replaceable battery, which is important for me. Plus, it features a 3.5mm (1/8") headphone jack!

(Oh, I was going to mention 3.5" before I caught myself! Thank you "future" readers for correcting me! )
    What do you call AI? like, a Terminator head that you plug on USB-C? Red eyes light up and you can have a conversation with it about weaknesses and resilience of the human body.
    Don't let it bite your finger or obey its command to acquire body parts or resources.

Comment

Originally posted by grok View Post

What do you call AI? like, a Terminator head that you plug on USB-C? Red eyes light up and you can have a conversation with it about weaknesses and resilience of the human body.
      Don't let it bite your finger or obey its command to acquire body parts or resources.
      Go back to 20th century then. You have no future. With no AI, how is voice recognition going to work for you? How will driverless car work for you in the future? Oh, wait! You just want to turn your back against driverless cars and robots that improve everyone's lives, so that's why you have no place living in Earth in the future. Not even hope.

I simply attacked your narrow-mindedness because AI can be used for good and bad. Without AI, there would be no Mycroft. Without Mycroft or Google Home or Amazon Echo or Siri, there would be no voice recognition. Sure, there's sphinx in Linux, but it does not do well without an AI chip with neural network. I would love to give Librem 5 or Gemini PDA neural/AI capability for speech recognition, but then I don't know if it can accelerate speech-to-text and improve accuracy for voice recognition.

But still, AI, even used for good or bad, is the future.
      Last edited by GraysonPeddie; 08 March 2018, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Well, my post got flagged by the system as spam. I want to add more to my post as AI is not totally evil.

I suppose there are ways to downplay the fact that AI is bad and that statement seems narrow-minded.
        Last edited by GraysonPeddie; 08 March 2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by grok View Post
          This would sell so damn much... you have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
            Maybe I'll hold off on buying that Huawei Mate 9 with the chip that mines at 50 H/s. My Sky Lake i7 only does 20 H/s more. Can't compete with gpu mining, of course, but stll impressive. Might even beat the A10X in my iPad Pro. 🤔
            inb4 smartphone prices spike because of mining. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
              It's worth noting that with this version Google has confirmed that they're dropping support for the last supported Nexus phones and the Pixel tablet. So much for Google supporting their devices for any reasonable length of time now that two years from launch is when a device reaches their official End of Life point.

Seems like the only place you can get non-crapware:d Android with a half decent support life is with the HMD Nokia phones, but even that's just a company promise as their first android phones have been out for less than a year.
              Google confirmed a couple of years ago when the nexus line would be EOL. this isn't news, shouldn't be surprising to anyone. it's been well-established that the remaining nexus devices wouldn't see Android P and would only see security updates until the end of this year.. -> https://support.google.com/nexus/ans...#nexus_devices

OG Pixel owners like myself, would also be well aware of EOL for our devices, as there is a similar page for pixels... I'd imagine that both pixel and nexus devices will continue to have support via custom ROMs for sometime though...

lots of ROMs for nexus devices and in the last few months; there's starting to be lots of optionsfor pixel owners too..

Comment

Working...
              X