Android P Previews Better Message Notifications, HDR VP9, Multi-Camera API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android P Previews Better Message Notifications, HDR VP9, Multi-Camera API

Phoronix: Android P Previews Better Message Notifications, HDR VP9, Multi-Camera API

Google today is making available the first public developer preview release of the forthcoming Android P...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will there be any USB-C adapters that will have AI capabilities? I'm planning in getting a Gemini PDA as it has two USB-C ports.
    Bringing the keyboard personal digital assistant into the 21st century. Type and create on the move! | Check out 'Gemini PDA Android & Linux keyboard mobile device' on Indiegogo.

I thought I was going for Purism Librem 5, but the Gemini PDA has a replaceable battery, which is important for me. Plus, it features a 3.5mm (1/8") headphone jack!

(Oh, I was going to mention 3.5" before I caught myself! Thank you "future" readers for correcting me! )

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
      Will there be any USB-C adapters that will have AI capabilities? I'm planning in getting a Gemini PDA as it has two USB-C ports.
      Bringing the keyboard personal digital assistant into the 21st century. Type and create on the move! | Check out 'Gemini PDA Android & Linux keyboard mobile device' on Indiegogo.

I thought I was going for Purism Librem 5, but the Gemini PDA has a replaceable battery, which is important for me. Plus, it features a 3.5mm (1/8") headphone jack!

(Oh, I was going to mention 3.5" before I caught myself! Thank you "future" readers for correcting me! )
      I think you are not in the target userbase for the Librem 5.

The Gemini PDA is just a clamshell smartphone with integrated keyboard and bigger battery, but apart from that it's still as closed as any other Android device around.

Comment

Where Wifi RTT positioning sounds potentially interesting to me is switching wireless access points. I have two wireless access points with a wired connection to each other. But few of the devices in the house switch seamlessly between them. So for example say I turn wireless on next to access point 1. It connects, and I have 100% signal strength from AP 1. Then I walk to the other side of the house. Now I have 23% signal strength from AP 1 and I could have 100% signal strength from AP 2. But to switch, I have to disable wireless completely and re-enable it.

Comment

Android should include AFWall and XprivacyLUA features , maybe with Z we can get rid of these basic apps

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
            Where Wifi RTT positioning sounds potentially interesting to me is switching wireless access points. I have two wireless access points with a wired connection to each other. But few of the devices in the house switch seamlessly between them. So for example say I turn wireless on next to access point 1. It connects, and I have 100% signal strength from AP 1. Then I walk to the other side of the house. Now I have 23% signal strength from AP 1 and I could have 100% signal strength from AP 2. But to switch, I have to disable wireless completely and re-enable it.
            Possibly stupid question: are both APs making a wifi network with the same name/SSID?

Comment

Seems my nexus 5x gets no love. Phones are lasting so long now that they should really change their policies. My wife is still running her nexus 6. I want to wait till radios support the 600 MHz spectrum that t-mobile is going to start using before buying new phones though.

Comment

HEIF? What happened to BPG?

Comment

It's worth noting that with this version Google has confirmed that they're dropping support for the last supported Nexus phones and the Pixel tablet. So much for Google supporting their devices for any reasonable length of time now that two years from launch is when a device reaches their official End of Life point.

Seems like the only place you can get non-crapware:d Android with a half decent support life is with the HMD Nokia phones, but even that's just a company promise as their first android phones have been out for less than a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Deavir View Post
                    Seems my nexus 5x gets no love. Phones are lasting so long now that they should really change their policies. My wife is still running her nexus 6. I want to wait till radios support the 600 MHz spectrum that t-mobile is going to start using before buying new phones though.
                    With those models you should at least have support from XDA for custom roms. Meanwhile I'm on a budget Huawei stuck on Android 4.2 since I got it at start of 2016 :\ Prior to that was on a Galaxy S1 since 2011 which had custom roms but battery life became pretty bad(plus a 1GHz single core and 512MB RAM doesn't do too well with modern mobile OS these days I think.).

Comment

Working...
                    X