X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L_A_G
    replied
    Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
    Anyway, does Sailfish have a night mode feature similar to GNOME?
    Not as far as I'm aware of... Don't think any smartphones except iPhones and the Pixel phones have it. As for devices with SailfishOS ports here's a bunch of community supported devices, but officially only the single sim variant of the Xperia X, a midrange device, is officially supported by the developers. They did recently announce ports for the dual SIM variant of it and the Xperia X Compact are coming along with a port for a yet-to-be-announced higher end device.

As for all the fluster about the librem phone, I'll believe they can get it done when they can show a working device. Until then let's keep hype over what could very well just be a vaporware device away from devices you can actually buy and use today.

Leave a comment:

• GraysonPeddie
    replied
    Are there any budget smartphones that will allow me to install Sailfish OS as a holdover for when Purism releases Librem 5 by early 2019?

I downgraded my Android smartphone from Oreo to Nougat because night mode is exclusive to Pixel smartphones and I do not like the new quick settings in Oreo. Plus, I get double notification sound from Twitter in Oreo versus one in Nougat. As for night mode, I tried Twilight that changes the color temperature of the screen but it does not overlay the notification/quick settings tray, making them white which blinded my eyes, so I quit using my smartphone during night time. But once I downgrade to Nougat and installed Twilight, Twilight overlays the entire screen except for navigation keys which do not blind my eyes that much as I focus on the screen.

Really, I want all the features that are exclusive to Pixel to be in Nexus, but as I want control over my smartphone and tinker what's in it, I'll be waiting for Librem 5 which I can have GNOME in my smartphone I want freedom and whatever changes Google makes to Android that I'm not satisfied, I could care less about buying new smartphone that would come with Android 9.0 or later, as I'd rather be stuck with Nougat as I want it the way it is for my quick settings and being able to use Twilight.

Anyway, does Sailfish have a night mode feature similar to GNOME?

Leave a comment:

• ElectricPrism
    replied
    What an exciting shiny new update that is 100% useless to me.

Since they have not been honorable and delivered on their open source promise I hope their company bursts into flames and ceases to exist.

May KDE & UBports bury them with shame and outdo them in evert way possible.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Jolla Pushes Out Sailfish OS 2.1.4 Into Early Access

Jolla Pushes Out Sailfish OS 2.1.4 Into Early Access

Phoronix: Jolla Pushes Out Sailfish OS 2.1.4 Into Early Access

For those still interested in Jolla's Linux-based but locked down Sailfish mobile operating system, the Sailfish OS 2.1.4 release is now available to early access users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X