Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cost Of Home Directory Encryption & LUKS Full Disk Encryption On Ubuntu 18.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post

What reason? I couldn't glean it from your post.

Obviously TrueCrypt is no longer maintained, but I'm guessing that isn't what you were referring to.
    Not
    Safe
    Anymore

Comment

Hi!
      Sorry that I hijack, but I have a question- is it now possible to log in only once for decryption and session?
      Last time I tried I had to provide a password to decrypt and then again to log in.
      If it is possible- which distro provides it?

Comment

Originally posted by DerCaveman View Post
        Hi!
        Sorry that I hijack, but I have a question- is it now possible to log in only once for decryption and session?
        Last time I tried I had to provide a password to decrypt and then again to log in.
        If it is possible- which distro provides it?
        Yes, of course. All distros. You need to provide more info. Is it asking for a password at grub, and then to mount /? Or to mount, and then to enter the session? PM me if you want more info, as I'd rather not polute the thread. But you can have as few or as many passwords as you fell the need for (it is possible to nest a luks inside a luks inside a luks, and so on).

The solution mostly depends on your use-case and needs. But yes, it can be handled on any linux distro, this is standard stuff.

Comment

Is it just me or has the new bionic 18.04 lts installer lost the ability to specify drive encryption at the partioner stage... using server iso. ???

Comment

Working...
          X