Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Mode Tools 1.72 Ported To Python 3 & PyQt5

Phoronix: Laptop Mode Tools 1.72 Ported To Python 3 & PyQt5

For those making use of laptop-mode-tools as one of several Linux power saving tools with this one designed to improve Linux laptop battery life, version 1.72 is now available after more than one year of development...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I didn't even know about this utility. Interesting!

Comment

I have always been using TLP since I am on a thinkpad. Is there anything that speaks for Laptop Mode Tools?

Comment

Originally posted by elvenbone View Post
        I have always been using TLP since I am on a thinkpad. Is there anything that speaks for Laptop Mode Tools?
        I suppose that it has a GUI to set stuff?
        At this point TLP is indeed the better choice, as it has blacklists and whitelists to exclude devices from too aggressive power settings.

For example I am using a USB mouse on my laptop, and with laptop mode tools the USB autosuspend setting always made my mouse very unresponsive after a couple of seconds of inactivity.

The range of things you can set with laptop mode is still wider than with TLP, but at least the settings that work on TLP work well.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Degra View Post

I suppose that it has a GUI to set stuff?
            At this point TLP is indeed the better choice, as it has blacklists and whitelists to exclude devices from too aggressive power settings.

For example I am using a USB mouse on my laptop, and with laptop mode tools the USB autosuspend setting always made my mouse very unresponsive after a couple of seconds of inactivity.

The range of things you can set with laptop mode is still wider than with TLP, but at least the settings that work on TLP work well.
            Laptop Mode Tools has had a blacklisting/whitelisting mechanism for quite some time. It covers not just USB type devices, but many many more.
            Please see this link for details: https://github.com/rickysarraf/lapto...-of-inactivity

Comment

Working...
            X