Shadow of Mordor not working in Fedora 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow of Mordor not working in Fedora 27

I installed Shadow of Mordor with Steam under Fedora 27. After the steam-installed icon did not work I tried running Shadow of Mordor binary directly in the following location --

~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/ShadowOfMordor/bin

I get the following error:

./ShadowOfMordor: error while loading shared libraries: librtmp.so.0:
    cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Sudo dnf whatprovides librtmp.so.0 gives no result. Installing rtmpdump doesn't fix the issue. There is librtmp.so.1 in /usr/lib64/ so there's possible that it is built against an old version so in theory executing:

sudo ln -s librtmp.so.1 librtmp.so.0

should fix the issue, but it does not, the game still does not start. It does remove the error but other errors show up, so the following errors are further dependency errors it looks like:

./ShadowOfMordor: /lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information
    available (required by ./ShadowOfMordor)
    ./ShadowOfMordor: /lib64/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: no version information
    available (required by
    /home//.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/ShadowOfMordor/bin/../lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4)
    ./ShadowOfMordor: /lib64/liblber-2.4.so.2: no version information
    available (required by
    /home//.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/ShadowOfMordor/bin/../lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4)
    ./ShadowOfMordor: /lib64/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information
    available (required by
    ./ShadowOfMordor: /lib64/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information
    available (required by
    ./ShadowOfMordor: /lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information
    available (required by

Any ideas? I had this working under Tumbleweed, but when the Shadow of Mordor developers released the last version of SoM that was supposed to be better for linux, it hasn't worked since.

I'm open to suggestions to making this work under Fedora 27.
Working...
X