Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unigine 2.6.1 Pushes The Jaw-Dropping Visuals With This Cross-Platform Game/Sim Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine 2.6.1 Pushes The Jaw-Dropping Visuals With This Cross-Platform Game/Sim Engine

Phoronix: Unigine 2.6.1 Pushes The Jaw-Dropping Visuals With This Cross-Platform Game/Sim Engine

While Unigine Engine 2 has yet to be picked up by any major games besides Dual Universe, this highly advanced game engine continues advancing and its effort for industrial simulators appears to be paying off as well. Unigine Corp is ending out 2017 by having released Unigine 2.6.1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They said Vulkan support would come in 2017.

Last edited by humbug; 27 December 2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Was just about to ask how's their Vulkan renderer coming along

Comment

Looks very nice, I would love for them to release a Vulkan update to their benchmark software, or a new benchmark software with these new features on display with Vulkan.

I personally think Unigine need to MAKE a really good game themselves to get some attention, I know many developers have moved away from using their engine in the past due to complications with the tools involved (Unreal/Unity3D engines being insanely easy to get into).

Comment

Ahhh... that's what 4k is good for.

I wish them luck, if for no other reason than to support their Linux-compatible GPU benchmark series.

Comment

While the flight simulator demo looks visually nice. I can _already_ get something similar to that quality today on Linux with XPlane-11 and NVidia 1080 GPUs and on 3 monitors.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
              Was just about to ask how's their Vulkan renderer coming along
              Just like X --> Wayland, everyone has switched to Vulkan already, so they better hurry up!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X