OpenMW 0.43 Continues Advancing Open-Source Morrowind For Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
    Tried to play Morrowind a few weeks back, coudn't get into it.. it is just dated. There are simply better things to waste my time on nowadays.
    Watch your tongue, n'wah. There are hundreds of mods that fix everything, from bugs to dated looting methods to graphics and animation.

The goal is that all of them will work in OpenMW, or be part of the engine itself where appropriate (mechanics bugfixes, that sort of thing).

The end of these words is ALMSIVI.

Comment

Originally posted by mulenmar View Post

Watch your tongue, n'wah. There are hundreds of mods that fix everything, from bugs to dated looting methods to graphics and animation.

The goal is that all of them will work in OpenMW, or be part of the engine itself where appropriate (mechanics bugfixes, that sort of thing).

The end of these words is ALMSIVI.
      The mods themselves will never be able to fix some bad mechanics of the original game, we will require some specific features to be implemented into OpenMW itself if we want to reach new levels of greatness. The problem is the lack of vision: there will never be a Morrowind 2.0 made by the community, the user will always have to choose between hundreds of different mods, often incompatible between each other.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

The mods themselves will never be able to fix some bad mechanics of the original game, we will require some specific features to be implemented into OpenMW itself if we want to reach new levels of greatness. The problem is the lack of vision: there will never be a Morrowind 2.0 made by the community, the user will always have to choose between hundreds of different mods, often incompatible between each other.
        That would be the "...or be part of the engine itself" part of my statement. There are plans to write a newer, more-like-later-entries combat system in the OpenMW forums post-1.0 (i.e., once they've got the game working like the original engine) and have it as a selectable option.

Kinda a major point of the new engine being free software.

Be patient, or shut up and code.

Comment

Originally posted by mulenmar View Post
          Be patient, or shut up and code.
          It's not a matter of being patient, it's a matter of enforcing a common vision, which is something the community will never agree upon.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
          X