No announcement yet.

Steam Linux Usage For November: 0.27%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally think the number of Linux gamers are stagnating if not downright declining. I've seen many forum posts on Steam groups and elsewhere about people "giving up" and switching back to Windows due to bugs or lower framerate in game ports that they don't find acceptable.

Turning Windows into a Linux environment seems to be the best option for me. All PC games work and play with the best performance but I also get an open-source desktop and FLOSS applications.

Last edited by Xaero_Vincent; 02 December 2017, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

That's some high level bullshitting or trolling, can't decide which one. *snip*
      Oh that's ever so cute coming from someone who spends his whole time on these forums lying, bullshitting, or trolling.
      Last edited by Luke_Wolf; 02 December 2017, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

Oh that's ever so cute coming from someone who spends his whole time on these forums lying, bullshitting, or trolling.
        I'm not gonna ask where and when I did that because I don't wanna argue with your rampant imagination. I'm one of the few people here on Phoronix forums who actually help make Linux better but clearly some other radical unworldly ideas populate your fevered brain. My condolences. It must be hard living this way.

I've helped solve numerous issues in the Linux kernel, KDE, Wine, GCC and other projects but what do I know? "I'm a troll, liar and bullshitter". Yeah, right.

Edit: the ignore list has broken again. I've added you back to it. Enjoy the silence, Luke.
        Last edited by birdie; 02 December 2017, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Is it possible to get RAW CSV data? Like, there's https://insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
            Wow, sometimes I really forget what a minority I am. #WeAreThe0.27Percent
            No. Linux users aren't minority. Most of the Linux users don't even play games, because they're using computer as a tool, not as a toy, and Linux is a great OS for the tool called computer.

Comment

Get back down to Earth. You either have no life to use Linux or Linux is a prerequisite for your profession. There are no other use cases for this OS.
              I beg to differ. I have a life, a very good life.

Comment

This is understandable but sad.
                One can only hope that now when the hardware support is almost entirely ok for all the gaming hardware, that valve will promote the platform and game developers will port their games. The steam machine idea isn't bad, it just needs some commercial support.

On a more general note. The PC as a gaming platform is looking like it is facing bleak future. Kids today are born with iPhones almost welded to their hands and play almost exclusively on gaming consoles. PC's seem outright ancient. The next generation will only know desktop PC's as something their parents would use in the ancient past and laptops as something the Schools is forcing them to use.
                Last edited by pracedru; 02 December 2017, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

I'm not gonna ask where and when I did that
                  You should, it's right there:

Get back down to Earth. You either have no life to use Linux or Linux is a prerequisite for your profession. There are no other use cases for this OS.

I'm sure as hell most Phoronix readers are either system/network administrators, programmers or they are closely related to IT.

Comment

An Intel WiFi adapter on my Skylake laptop which I bought two (!) fucking years ago is still not supported by Fedora 27(!) because Fedora still doesn't include its firmware which I had to look for, download and install manually. Do you believe the average Joe will want to go though all this bullshit? Do you really believe the average Joe will want to save freaking $100 (a license for Windows 10) only to spend literal days of his life to sieve through all the bugs and problems each Linux distro has?

I'm sure as hell most Phoronix readers are either system/network administrators, programmers or they are closely related to IT.
                    interesting point when you're trying to defend an OS on which you need to install drivers for every single hardware you own

Comment

I don't consider being related to IT when you're following a hardware specialized website a surprise

Comment

Working...
                      X