Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feral Releases F1 2017 For Linux, More Details On The Vulkan Driver Requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
    Expect 10 - 50% loss in performance compared to Windows depending on system configuration.
    Seems you might be right according to GoL: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...t-report.10652

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I don't have a 660 unfortunately. I plan to go back to at least 680, maybe 650 but haven't decided yet depending upon time...
      It doesn't really matter if you have a 660 or not. They are thinking way too complicated. They are asking if the 660 on Linux will perform the same as the 460 on Windows. But why? That makes no sense at all.

Just compare any GPU on Linux and on Windows, then you know how the performance between Linux and Windows differs.

No need to check on a specific GPU like M46m4 and bug77 are suggesting.

So, I hope the benchmarks will include Windows results for comparision. As already mentioned in the earlier thread, that is what people are really caring about. They want to see how Linux compares to Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by gutigone View Post

Seems you might be right according to GoL: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...t-report.10652
        Wow,... that is some really bad performance compared to Windows...

Besides, good to know that GoL got a preview build whereas Phoronix did not...

Makes you wonder why aejsmith told Michael that he has to wait until the game is launched...

Comment

FPS loss against the Windows version is less than 10% which is quite an achievement, though I'd prefer parity.

Comment

Originally posted by pq1930562 View Post
            So, I hope the benchmarks will include Windows results for comparision. As already mentioned in the earlier thread, that is what people are really caring about. They want to see how Linux compares to Windows.
            That's not the whole truth though. Some people (like me) who run linux exclusively mostly want to know if performance on linux is good enough to consider a purchase. Couldn't care less how it fares on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              FPS loss against the Windows version is less than 10% which is quite an achievement, though I'd prefer parity.
              Wrong.

You need to compare the minimum framerate: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...t-report.10652

It's 40-45% worse.

Not an achievement at all.

But since he used a preview build, let's see how the numbers will turn out on the final version then...

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                Of course the main Steam store page is flooded with shovelware, as always, and this isn't even mentioned anywhere. Not even among new releases. Valve really has to get its shit together.
                What? Should I post screenshot with dedicated Steam News item popup that this game is available?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                  Of course the main Steam store page is flooded with shovelware, as always, and this isn't even mentioned anywhere. Not even among new releases. Valve really has to get its shit together.
                  When I opened Steam today they showed a popup add for the game, so i think they have that covered.

Comment

Working...
                  X