No announcement yet.

18-Way Radeon GPU Benchmarks On Ubuntu 17.10 With Linux 4.14 + Mesa 17.4-dev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What in AMDs range was the first to support more than 1080? A follow up article expanding on the hardware advancement with the same tests and driver versions showing the cards at their native higher reses with reference back to this article would be interesting.
    Hi

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
      Get this test suite running on PHP 7.x already.
      It's supported PHP7 since before PHP 7.0 was released...... What problem are you having?
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
        Doesn't give too much incentive to upgrade to Vega really, if AMD release a Vega64 Nano ITX card then I will be interested. but I don't think that is ever going to happen. Straight to Navi it seems for me....
        Or maybe next year Vega becomes the RX 680. And with a new price,, maybe it makes sense.
        It should also undervolt fairly well by then.

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
          What in AMDs range was the first to support more than 1080? A follow up article expanding on the hardware advancement with the same tests and driver versions showing the cards at their native higher reses with reference back to this article would be interesting.
          290 does 1440 flawlessly, like Wolfenstein new order does nice in 1440p but for todays titles it starts to feel dated.
          RX580 is the same kinda performance.

Comment

Wow what's up with the 550/560 numbers? Is that some sort of scheduler problem preventing the CPU from being fully utilized for those cards? Is this actually representative of the state of the driver quality for the 550/560? I don't want to harass bridgman about 4-gen-old cards creaming 1-gen-old cards yet again...

Comment

What makes you think 550/560 are capable of more? They are low budget (and low TDP) cards after all with several times less raw computing power compared to the 570/580.

Comment

Originally posted by oleyska View Post

290 does 1440 flawlessly, like Wolfenstein new order does nice in 1440p but for todays titles it starts to feel dated.
                RX580 is the same kinda performance.
                To answer my own question, according t ye ol wikipaedia, specifically the following link, which was the only one to mention resoutions, the RadeonHD 5000/Evergreen series wasth firstto support higher than 1080 resolutions.

So yeah, seeing this exact same testdone with exact same softwareenvironment done with higher-than-1080 resolutions would be very interesting.
                Hi

Comment

Working...
                X