Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupotace
    replied
    Why is the RX 480 on the first test and none of the others?

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by theriddick View Post
    Doesn't give too much incentive to upgrade to Vega really, if AMD release a Vega64 Nano ITX card then I will be interested. but I don't think that is ever going to happen. Straight to Navi it seems for me....
    You are not going to see a big gain from Vega on those apps at 1080p simply because the frame rates are already in the few-hundred-fps range so actual graphics performance is being swamped by per-frame processing. Running at a higher resolution would have shown the differences between cards more clearly.

On the other hand higher resolution would probably have also meant that some of the older cards would have failed to run, so 1080p was probably the right way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Shevchen
    replied
    Originally posted by theriddick View Post
    Doesn't give too much incentive to upgrade to Vega really, if AMD release a Vega64 Nano ITX card then I will be interested. but I don't think that is ever going to happen. Straight to Navi it seems for me....
    If you can snatch a Vega 64 for 499 USD, its somewhat fitting the price/performance spot most enthusiasts search for. If your sample is a halfway average one (meaning: Not a monday sample), you can easily overclock/undervolt it to 1600/1050 + on core/HBM2, while reducing the power draw to <200W. Its a tweak-intensive card and I wouldn't recommend it for peeps who just want "plug and play" - but the potential on that card is pretty damn nice.

My hope is that with upcoming driver improvements, more of its raw power will be utilized and maybe we get a little tool into our hands for more easy overclocking/undervolting under Linux - esp. for Vega.

Leave a comment:

• DIRT
    replied
    Originally posted by gsedej View Post
    Meh, R9 270 stays with me. not very big gain unless ~300€ for R580 or ~500€ for vega 56
    Same deal for me. I picked up a 270x in 2014. Bought it for the drivers and price. Its now performing better than equivalent nvidia gpus as long as its not some bad game port that favors nvidia.

Leave a comment:

• gsedej
    replied
    Meh, R9 270 stays with me. not very big gain unless ~300€ for R580 or ~500€ for vega 56

Leave a comment:

• theriddick
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 18-Way Radeon GPU Benchmarks On Ubuntu 17.10 With Linux 4.14 + Mesa 17.4-dev

Phoronix: 18-Way Radeon GPU Benchmarks On Ubuntu 17.10 With Linux 4.14 + Mesa 17.4-dev

Continuing on in our fresh Radeon Linux graphics benchmarks in commemorating 10 years of AMD's open-source driver strategy with already showing how the driver compares to the old Catalyst/fglrx and Ubuntu 14.04 to 17.10 OpenGL tests, up next is an 18 way graphics card comparison of both old and new Radeon graphics cards while using the very latest Linux driver stack.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X