Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godot Game Engine 3.0 Alpha 2 Released

Phoronix: Godot Game Engine 3.0 Alpha 2 Released

The second alpha release of the Godot 3.0 Game Engine is now available for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Gotdot-3.0-Alpha-2-Released
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Game developers wishing to learn more about the Godot Alpha 2.0 changes can do so over at GodotEngine.org.

Comment

Another project devoured and tainted by the Mono bullshit where some parts of .NET they can not implement due to patents.

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
        Another project devoured and tainted by the Mono bullshit where some parts of .NET they can not implement due to patents.
        More like a software patent bullshit. Mono doesn't have the fault of software patents being retarded.

Comment

What do you mean? As far as I know, it just has support for C# through mono.

Comment

Mono, owned & maintained by Microsoft, cannot implement parts of .NET, owned and maintained by Microsoft, because of mythical patents held by Microsoft that Microsoft might infringe, resulting in Microsoft suing Microsoft for billions. And definitely not in any way covered by Microsoft's patent agreements regarding Microsoft's Mono or Microsoft's .NET

Not too bright, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by directhex View Post

Mono, owned & maintained by Microsoft, cannot implement parts of .NET, owned and maintained by Microsoft, because of mythical patents held by Microsoft that Microsoft might infringe, resulting in Microsoft suing Microsoft for billions. And definitely not in any way covered by Microsoft's patent agreements regarding Microsoft's Mono or Microsoft's .NET

Not too bright, are we?
              Mono is a runtime to be packaged and distributed for Linux distributions.
              Microsoft suing and blocking distros they don't like.
              Thus keeping the Windows market for itself.
              If Microsoft is nice, then why isn't Microsoft using a stronger legally binding agreement than a covenant?

Not too bright are we?

Comment

The most interesting stuff to follow:

This is a first pass at implementing the open source OpenHMD project into Godot based ontop of my ar_vr_server architecture. I've taken a few shortcuts so there are a few improvements needed but fo...

https://github.com/BastiaanOlij/godot_openvr & https://github.com/BastiaanOlij/godot_openvr/issues/17

Comment

Mono is a runtime to be packaged and distributed for Linux distributions.
                  Microsoft suing and blocking distros they don't like.
                  Thus keeping the Windows market for itself.
                  I don't think you have even the slightest grasp of the computing market - especially cloud services, Microsoft's biggest growth area - in 2017.

Or of how software gets packaged and distributed, for that matter. Or the relationship between upstreams and downstreams. Or software licensing as it relates to distro-scale distribution. Or literally anything about any of this shit.

If Microsoft is nice, then why isn't Microsoft using a stronger legally binding agreement than a covenant?
                  There is literally no thing in existence which would satisfy you. You just want to stir up shit against FOSS projects you don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by directhex View Post

I don't think you have even the slightest grasp of the computing market - especially cloud services, Microsoft's biggest growth area - in 2017.

Or of how software gets packaged and distributed, for that matter. Or the relationship between upstreams and downstreams. Or software licensing as it relates to distro-scale distribution. Or literally anything about any of this shit.

There is literally no thing in existence which would satisfy you. You just want to stir up shit against FOSS projects you don't like.
                    Overreacting much?
                    It's because I have knowledge about dependnecy management and some past events that I see mono in any project as a problem.
                    My reaction is based on experience, not armchair philosophy.
                    Not to mention other, non-mono related Microsoft reactions such as Microsoft suing Lindows out of existence.
                    And for the thing that satisfies me.
                    Stuff under the MIT license with expired or lapsed patents would be nice.
                    Last edited by plonoma; 29 November 2017, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X