Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug77
    replied
    The system requirements are significantly higher than Windows which means Feral couldn't write a slim translation layer even when using Vulkan

Leave a comment:

• humbug
    replied
    Originally posted by frosth View Post
    But amdgpu-pro is for enterprise distros
    Ya, I guess it's just a temporary oddity that AMD's official Vulkan driver resides in that...

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    I suspect my TAHITI card may work in this game forcing it to use AMDGPU instead of Radeon, anyone tested?
    I should have some GCN 1.0 RADV tests on launch day.

Leave a comment:

• torsionbar28
    replied
    But Feral recommends the GeForce GTX 1070 or better for best performance.
    Of course they do. This is the payola (along with in-game "designed for Nvidia" plugs) for NVidia providing "free" engineers to help optimize the game. Nvidia has been doing this for years. Lend a few engineers to the game studio for free, to help tune the game, and in return, the game studio recommends Nvidia to consumers. It may not be illegal, but it's certainly anti-competitive.

Leave a comment:

• Guy1524
    replied
    "...more stiff than under Windows and does rely upon Vulkan rather than D3D11."

So Windows only supports D3D11? This will make for some very interesting D3D11 vs Vulkan benchmarks, and could potentially mean this game is faster on Linux than on Windows!

Leave a comment:

• kaprikawn
    replied
    Hmmm, I've spent a lot recently on games. I don't usually get full priced games at launch but GT Sport and Destiny 2 swayed me. But I may still have to get this, direct from the Feral website of course. The only other time I've done that is Mad Max, so I'm certainly sending the message to Feral that I support Vulkan, even if it is only in a very small way.

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    I suspect my TAHITI card may work in this game forcing it to use AMDGPU instead of Radeon, anyone tested?

Leave a comment:

• frosth
    replied
    But amdgpu-pro is for enterprise distros so they support mesa/radv because it works on every distros.. And no one use amdgpu-pro for gamming. It pretty clear for me

Leave a comment:

• humbug
    replied
    Wierd that amdgpu pro isn't supported.

I know that companies like Valve and Feral are invested and contribute to RADV...
    But still amdgpu pro is AMD's official vulkan driver. Maybe they think that's it's irrelevant since it only works on Ubuntu 16.04.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Feral Announces F1 2017 Linux System Requirements

Feral Announces F1 2017 Linux System Requirements

Phoronix: Feral Announces F1 2017 Linux System Requirements

Feral Interactive has now published the system requirements for their Linux port of F1 2017 with this racing game set to be released on Thursday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X