Feral Announces F1 2017 Linux System Requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
    Hmmm, I've spent a lot recently on games. I don't usually get full priced games at launch but GT Sport and Destiny 2 swayed me. But I may still have to get this, direct from the Feral website of course. The only other time I've done that is Mad Max, so I'm certainly sending the message to Feral that I support Vulkan, even if it is only in a very small way.
    I fear that as usual it will be slower than DirectX on windows.
    Like Serious Sam Vulkan.

Since these are ported as an afterthought...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I should have some GCN 1.0 RADV tests on launch day.
      Awesome! And pleaaaase don't forget the R290.

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post

I fear that as usual it will be slower than DirectX on windows.
        Like Serious Sam Vulkan.

Since these are ported as an afterthought...
        I don't have unrealistic expectations. I have faith that as long as Feral keep plugging away they'll improve, if that means a few stinkers of ports along the way then so be it. If I buy F1 and it's terrible, no biggie, it's not as if I haven't purchased literally hundreds of games that I've never played, I can just add it to the list

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

Awesome! And pleaaaase don't forget the R290.
          I think it might be in a racked up system now, was looking for it yesterday for those fglrx tests and didn't see it handy.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Mesa 17.2.2 perhaps but not with Ubuntu's version. Radv is disabled by default on 17.04/17.10
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
            Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by Guy1524 View Post
              So Windows only supports D3D11? This will make for some very interesting D3D11 vs Vulkan benchmarks, and could potentially mean this game is faster on Linux than on Windows!
              As far as I know, It's not a native Vulkan implementation, but rather d3d11 with a Vulkan translation layer, so even though it's running Vulkan on Linux, it will still be dragged down by d3d11 limitations plus overhead for the translation layer.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
                Mesa 17.2.2 perhaps but not with Ubuntu's version. Radv is disabled by default on 17.04/17.10
                'sudo apt install mesa-vulkan-drivers'

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I should have some GCN 1.0 RADV tests on launch day.
                  Great!

I suspect they went with VI+ because of the AMDGPU requirement for Vulkan, but RADV does work on older GCN cards when using AMDGPU.

Comment

That's why I'm buying a Nvidia card in 2 days. I don't need to worry about switching drivers, the nvidia drivers are supported by any game.

Comment

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post

Great!

I suspect they went with VI+ because of the AMDGPU requirement for Vulkan, but RADV does work on older GCN cards when using AMDGPU.
                      Yes I've been able to confirm that it should work for pre-VI, but officially only support VI as they don't want to be responsible for users tinkering with their kernel config, etc. Will test on launch day.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X