X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by aejsmith View Post

The specs at least in terms of supported GPUs are based on where we need to be to even have Vulkan support.
    I doubt that very much. I get that pre-600 series don't have Vulkan support, but a 660Ti does

Leave a comment:

• aejsmith
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I wasn't trying to fault Feral, as much as get a feel of where we're at right now.
    The specs at least in terms of supported GPUs are based on where we need to be to even have Vulkan support.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by audi.rs4 View Post

Since this port is only Vulkan, the requirement is the card has to have Vulkan support. For Nvidia, that means 600 series or newer, just to support the tech. Now, they do say 680, where in Windows, it is stated a 460 would work. Though, the question is, now conservative is Feral being compared to Codemasters in the Windows port.

This is also just the 3rd port to Vulkan for Feral, so it will take a bit to get things perfected. Plus this is taking a DX title to Linux, which is just huge effort compared to if it was designed for Vulkan/OpenGL from the start.

Either way, I am happy to see another title from Codemasters come to Linux. Hoping in 6 months, we are discussing Dirt 4 coming to Linux (which will be enough time for me to finish up Dirt Rally ).
    I wasn't trying to fault Feral, as much as get a feel of where we're at right now.

Leave a comment:

• ihatemichael
    replied
    Does "not supported" means it won't work at all on a Intel system, or it will work and it's just not supported?
    Last edited by ihatemichael; 31 October 2017, 07:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• audi.rs4
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    The system requirements are significantly higher than Windows which means Feral couldn't write a slim translation layer even when using Vulkan
    Since this port is only Vulkan, the requirement is the card has to have Vulkan support. For Nvidia, that means 600 series or newer, just to support the tech. Now, they do say 680, where in Windows, it is stated a 460 would work. Though, the question is, now conservative is Feral being compared to Codemasters in the Windows port.

This is also just the 3rd port to Vulkan for Feral, so it will take a bit to get things perfected. Plus this is taking a DX title to Linux, which is just huge effort compared to if it was designed for Vulkan/OpenGL from the start.

Either way, I am happy to see another title from Codemasters come to Linux. Hoping in 6 months, we are discussing Dirt 4 coming to Linux (which will be enough time for me to finish up Dirt Rally ).

Leave a comment:

• M46m4
    replied
    I'm waiting for Michael's benchmarks now, because I definitely don't want to experience that Witcher 2 fiasco again on my R9 380

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Typo: ala

Leave a comment:

• DarkFoss
    replied
    Originally posted by Brisse View Post

'sudo apt install mesa-vulkan-drivers'
    lol broken since forever, well disabled is a better word ...also do sudo apt-get install vulkan-utils then run vulkan-smoketest and enjoy the segfault... but hey Intel works.

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

Yes I've been able to confirm that it should work for pre-VI, but officially only support VI as they don't want to be responsible for users tinkering with their kernel config, etc. Will test on launch day.
    awesome, cant wait for the tests

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    That's why I'm buying a Nvidia card in 2 days. I don't need to worry about switching drivers, the nvidia drivers are supported by any game.
    Yeah, make sense because talk about a card that have almost 6 years and guess if it can still run a modern game using a API way newer than said card prove completely the driver is a mess and you should go to nVidia specially since Vulkan works absolutely great with a equivalent GTX760, oohh wait. my bad, oops.

Note: for anyone reading this reply to a probable fanboi, all modern AMD GPUs use AMDGPU driver, hence there is no switching drivers for gaming. At this time you may need switching but for OpenCL since RoCM kernel code isn't mainline yet

Leave a comment:

Working...
X