SuperTuxKart 0.9.3 Released With New Tracks, Built-In Screen Recorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deve View Post

To play on Android without touch screen, you need external keyboard. Gamepad support is not done yet. And for missing entry in app list, I will try to reproduce it under emulator.
    Well, I hope Gamepad comes soon. This game was made for big screens and not tablets/phones and the Tegra GPU can make it look beautiful with all the VFX enabled. Most Android gamers these days are using consoles like the SHIELD TV or - to a greater extent - the lesser Asian Android boxes that run regular Android. Some are still using tablets connected to HDTVs/monitors and Bluetooth gamepad/keyboard controllers. The Android boxes use the same chipsets as phones/tablets - as far as the Asian markets go - and run regular Android, so compatibility issues with most games are minimal or non-existent outside of specific quirks that are easily quashed.

At this point, there are definitely a few FOSS titles that can be ported to Android easily and I hope to see a few more by the end of next year.

Comment

matthewtrescott thanks for your work on STK and for being here to answer our questions 👍

Comment

Originally posted by deve View Post

Regarding to F-droid, Boris Kraut was working on it, but he doesn't contribute to F-droid anymore. I don't know if others want to do it.
        Well, I could have a go at it, then, if I find some time to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

An extension system to download third-party mods and such is really really nice.
          However the default resources that comes bundled with the system nonetheless needs to be good.
          That's your opinion. But you can't say STK isn't good because there aren't any good characters and levels, which is what you implied in your previous post, 'cause you can easily download new ones with only one click. Customize it to your taste, just like you did with your Linux distro and your house and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post

Well, I hope Gamepad comes soon. This game was made for big screens and not tablets/phones and the Tegra GPU can make it look beautiful with all the VFX enabled. Most Android gamers these days are using consoles like the SHIELD TV or - to a greater extent - the lesser Asian Android boxes that run regular Android. Some are still using tablets connected to HDTVs/monitors and Bluetooth gamepad/keyboard controllers. The Android boxes use the same chipsets as phones/tablets - as far as the Asian markets go - and run regular Android, so compatibility issues with most games are minimal or non-existent outside of specific quirks that are easily quashed.

At this point, there are definitely a few FOSS titles that can be ported to Android easily and I hope to see a few more by the end of next year.
            I had a look and Android TV needs SDK API >= 21. The apk is compiled with API 19. So google play was correct that your device is not supported. Anyway the icon was visible when I installed it under emulator. It only crashed in some external java code on startup. And I think that we can't officially support Android TV until proper gamepad support is done... I'm not really sure how many people have external keyboard connected.

Comment

Hi all,
              I found this board after looking for gamepad support for STK. STK is such a terrific game and thank you to the devs for it's creation! For those looking for the Android version of STK for the Nvidia Shield TV, it can be found on apkpure's website (or app) and has to be sideloaded onto the shield or you can sideload a webbrowser (like Opera or FireFox) and download direct from apkpure. Once STK is installed onto the Shield TV, you'll need a 3rd party app drawer to find it or go throught the settings menu and look for it under "Apps" (I use FiredTV app - for Amazon Fire TV), or you can use an app called TV App Repo to create a menu shortcut for it. I'm able to play STK with the Logitech 830 Bluetooth keyboard. P.S. For those with an Nvidia Shield gamepad, who want to play on Windows 10, I was unsuccessful at getting the Nvidia Sheild gamepad to work with STK on Windows 10.

Comment

Working...
              X