Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 3.0 Still Expected Around EOY With D3D11; Wayland & D3D12 On Roadmap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wine 3.0 Still Expected Around EOY With D3D11; Wayland & D3D12 On Roadmap

    Phoronix: Wine 3.0 Still Expected Around EOY With D3D11; Wayland & D3D12 On Roadmap

    WineConf 2017 is taking place today and tomorrow in Wroclaw, Poland. The event began today with a keynote by Wine founder Alexandre Julliard where he talked about Wine 3.0 plans and what's further out on the roadmap...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ly-D3D12-Plans

  • #2
    Whoever recorded and uploaded this video should shoot himself in the head.

    Comment


    • #3
      I liked the video. I'm grateful for it and also to see Alexandre Julliard in-the-flesh.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by birdie View Post
        Whoever recorded and uploaded this video should shoot himself in the head.
        Its tradition. Remember project named Wine. There are a lot of conferences for drinking wine that are all done professional style. Looking for the wine project ones look for the one that amateur looking and oddly organised. Most years the videos are not uploaded at all and all you get is transcript notes at best unless you are in the core development team. So this is a case of be grateful for something because normally you would have nothing at this point. Transcripts come out week or 3 after the conference is complete.

        Comment


        • #5
          Were they just joking about the possibility of dropping macOS support?

          Comment


          • #6
            Any information about Office 365 support? It would be nice to not have to load an entire Windows VM just to run Office.

            LibreOffice, while fine for my own personal needs, doesn't cut it for the work I do that involves sharing with other people. It manages to completely garble the formatting of so many presentations and documents it's not even funny. I wouldn't dream of editing something in LibreOffice that was created in MS Office and then sending that edited file back out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
              Were they just joking about the possibility of dropping macOS support?
              Absolutely. Most of Crossover Office sales are for MacOS X.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by antnythr View Post
                Any information about Office 365 support? It would be nice to not have to load an entire Windows VM just to run Office.

                LibreOffice, while fine for my own personal needs, doesn't cut it for the work I do that involves sharing with other people. It manages to completely garble the formatting of so many presentations and documents it's not even funny. I wouldn't dream of editing something in LibreOffice that was created in MS Office and then sending that edited file back out.
                Office runs fine in the web browser nowadays. Why do you need a native application?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Can someone elaborate on the OpenGL Core context? What do they mean? The video is horrible I can't barely understand Alexandre, the audio is awful.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Great, especially concrete plans for Wayland and DX12 support.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X