Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 2017 Being Released For Linux Next Week

Phoronix: F1 2017 Being Released For Linux Next Week

While F1 2016 didn't make it to Linux, Feral Interactive just announced F1 2017 will be coming to Linux and it's arriving next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks Feral! Something my kids will certainly enjoy ;-) I am gonna buy it from your store!

Comment

Splendid! I will definitely purchase this one.

Comment

Man, looks completely photorealistic in some shots, my brain was wondering if they spliced in live action footage. I'll have to give this one a try, I miss playing racing games.

Comment

I truly like how they don't announce ports far in advance of availability.

Comment

Which clue was this on the Radar thing?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
              Which clue was this on the Radar thing?
              Norwood
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Really liked F1 2015, great for mp

Comment

I didn't want to buy F1 2015 because F1 2016 was already going to be released back then. When I heard of F1 2016 not coming to Linux I decided to buy F1 2015 instead.

This time the delay is not that long but it's still an issue for me when a game that's only in its current version for one year arrives on Linux with a delay of several months.

I am very happy that Feral does this job, that's for sure! I appreciate all efforts a lot. I just want to tell what I think about this unpleasant delay. The original programmers should enable Feral to start porting the game before it's released, so it arrives about the same time on all platforms. At least for games that arrive every year in a new shape.

Comment

I wonder if Feral gets to choose or they just get hired. A niche game in a tiny market will make no money.

Comment

Working...
                    X