Observer Is Aspyr Media's Latest Linux Game Release, No Radeon GPU Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observer Is Aspyr Media's Latest Linux Game Release, No Radeon GPU Support

Phoronix: Observer Is Aspyr Media's Latest Linux Game Release, No Radeon GPU Support

Aspyr Media has released Observer for Linux and macOS as their newest game port...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ouch, not supporting AMD radeon graphics cards feel wrong to me unless there is a real reason for it.
    But i guess Aspyr isn't updated and AMD hardware might be supported since they do list ATI as unsupported and i guess those old cards may have problems running the game.
    NOTICE: INTEL and ATI video cards are NOT SUPPORTED to run Observer Linux

Comment

Now if only they would get back to implementing Civ 6 cross platform multiplayer...

Comment

Originally posted by rycodge View Post
        Now if only they would get back to implementing Civ 6 cross platform multiplayer...
        Civ 6 isn't cross platform multiplayer!!! Good to know. Almost bought it to play with friends (who run Windows...). Does Civ 5 work with cross platform play?

Comment

Originally posted by audi.rs4 View Post
          Does Civ 5 work with cross platform play?
          Yes, Civ5 is multiplayer cross platform compatible.
          And I'm too disappointed to learn that Civ6 is not...

Comment

Originally posted by audi.rs4 View Post

... Does Civ 5 work with cross platform play?
            Yes, it works well from what I remember. It's been about a year or so since I played Civ 5 with my friends. I was tempted to buy Civ 6 during a recent sale but they still haven't added cross platform multiplayer.

Comment

It's the same sad old story like with Feral Interactive and "40.000: Dawn of War 3".

Instead of fixing those problems the studios just deliver poor excuses. Truly sad.

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
                It's the same sad old story like with Feral Interactive and "40.000: Dawn of War 3".

Instead of fixing those problems the studios just deliver poor excuses. Truly sad.
                The problem lies in that these games use a 3d party multiplayer engine that uses raw values from floating point calculations in their protocol and VS and GCC does not produce 100% compatible raw floats/doubles on calculations.

Comment

This has been on my wishlist since I saw it was coming to Linux but if doesn't work with my GPU there's no point in getting it just yet.

Comment

A year ago it was borderline acceptable that they might have some issues supporting the game on RadeonSi but now I find it unacceptable. OpenGL 4.5 is long fully implemented plus some of the fancier extensions. I wouldn't be surprised to find they booted up an AMD system and ran into the common UE4 not working on Mesa issues that many of the game studios have had with that engine which have been the fault of the engine. But if small indie devs like the ASTROKILL and Everspace developers can make it work then there is no excuse for them. And if it does turn out to work fine then more poor showing by them for not bothering to test GPU's used by an ever growing portion of the Linux community. Especially when Valve themselves are clearly putting support behind RadeonSi.

Then again Borderlands 2 worked great for me on AMD gpus

Comment

Working...
                    X